Turn on thread page Beta

Message to Moderators: Why don't you make a subforum for Oxbridge? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a sticky in the main forum but since so many ppl are making threads on it why don't you make a subforum?

How many ppl are with me on this idea? Coz I'm a bit tired of scrolling through the forums and predominately seeing Oxbridge threads....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I know there's a sticky in the main forum but since so many ppl are making threads on it why don't you make a subforum?

How many ppl are with me on this idea? Coz I'm a bit tired of scrolling through the forums and predominately seeing Oxbridge threads....
    Yea, its a good idea - suggested before but noone does anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    Yea, its a good idea - suggested before but noone does anything about it.
    Hmm moderators why don't you do anything about it?

ReputationRep:

May people on the forum have been dead against sub-forums - me included for the most part. There do seem to be a few Oxbridge threads on today, but there is a University subforum where they could go.

Anyway probably in a few weeks the threads about Oxbridge will die down and wont revive until the a-level results come out, once people get their offers.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm moderators why don't you do anything about it?
    Moderaters can't alter the forums only d can do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Moderaters can't alter the forums only d can do that.
    Who's d?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    May people on the forum have been dead against sub-forums - me included for the most part. There do seem to be a few Oxbridge threads on today, but there is a University subforum where they could go.

Anyway probably in a few weeks the threads about Oxbridge will die down and wont revive until the a-level results come out, once people get their offers.
    Why are you against subforums?

ReputationRep:
    d is the forum administrator - the only one who can make any real changes to the board.

I am no longer against sub-forums any more. I used to be becuase all the discussion was interesting and relevent, and subforums would just mean more pages to trawl through.

Now the forums userbase has expanded, I find a lot of the content is irrelevent to me and think subforums would be a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    d is the forum administrator - the only one who can make any real changes to the board.

I am no longer against sub-forums any more. I used to be becuase all the discussion was interesting and relevent, and subforums would just mean more pages to trawl through.

Now the forums userbase has expanded, I find a lot of the content is irrelevent to me and think subforums would be a good idea.
    What kind of subforums would you like?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of subforums would you like?
    Something along the lines of General discussion, University, A-level, GCSE, General education that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Something along the lines of General discussion, University, A-level, GCSE, General education that sort of thing.
    agree, also I know I forum where the administrator keeps close watch on the threads and sorts them out if their in the wrong area. I wish they would do that too.

agree, also I know I forum where the administrator keeps close watch on the threads and sorts them out if their in the wrong area. I wish they would do that too.
    subforums lead to tiers. IT also means that someone can ask a question in one, and as people will tend to stick to one sub forum, they'll miss it.
    That, and youll still get people posing oxbridge stuff in the normal forum, and more importantly, oxbridge are universities too!
    J

ReputationRep:
    This forum is too Oxbridge obssessed.

I agree with loftx: Oxbridge threads can go in the University section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    subforums lead to tiers.
    <sniff>

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.