Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleddyn)
    Take "about" very lightly.

In the 2001 census, 13% of people were't white Britons alone. I should imagine this has increased since then.

It's definately gone up by 1% with the revelation that 570,000 illegal immigrants are in this country, alone, just a few weeks ago.
    Alright, I was just going by the first source I checked - http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/uk.html - which puts whites as 92.1% of our population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    Douglas didn't initially ask if 'all ethnic minorities' were to blame so both my answers make sense.
    It was clearly implied in Douglas' question. But OK.

ReputationRep:
    Douglas didn't initially ask if 'all ethnic minorities' were to blame so both my answers make sense.
    OK then which ethnic minorities do you blame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    You're right, it probably won't be a group of white people responsible for this. That doesn't however mean that "ethnic minorities are to blame"
    You're contradicting yourself

ReputationRep:
    Yes

And cos you keep asking, and I haven't checked this thread for a while so that why I haven't answered, the government is useless in the fact that they never appear to take any action at all. It's all talk and no action, and this needs to be changed.
    So-locking up suspected militants in Belmarsh without trial is not taking action. Sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan is not taking action. Attempting to introduce ID cards is not taking action. The Terrorism Act 2000 is not taking action. Need I continue?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not. I see why you may think that, but you're misunderstanding.

To say "ethnic minorities are to blame" is different from "four people belonging to an ethnic minority are to blame". You have said the former, whilst only the latter is true.

ReputationRep:
    BNP response here http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=388 you can also view the leaflet.

ReputationRep:
    There were 4 bombs - that makes 4 bombers. I would guess that there were at most 50 people involved in the planning of the attacks. Can you find me an ethnic minority in Britain with only 50 or so members and then give us evidence that makes you believe they carried out the attack. If you can't then do not blame a large group of people where the majority of whom had nothing to do with the attacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    So-locking up suspected militants in Belmarsh without trial is not taking action. Sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan is not taking action. Attempting to introduce ID cards is not taking action. The Terrorism Act 2000 is not taking action. Need I continue?
    Allowing clerics who support Bin Laden to call for violence against the West is not taking actions?

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been out canvassing in Becontree, where that disgraceful leaflet was distributed.

Needless to say, the BNP really have shot themselves in the foot by exploiting these tragic events, and the voters aren't swallowing their hatred.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we can all provide links

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2.../ethnicity.asp

ReputationRep:
    If someone wants to blow up such an easy target as public transportation, with all the ingredients for a homemade bomb available on almost any High Street, it's pretty hard to stop them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Allowing clerics who support Bin Laden to call for violence against the West is not taking actions?
    I'd agree that that is not taking action; yet I disagree that the goverment should have done stopped these clerics.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree that that is not taking action; yet I disagree that the goverment should have done stopped these clerics.
    Don't you respect your own country's laws? Incitement to violence is illegal.

ReputationRep:
    But I don't think too many "ethnic minorities" (I hate that phrase..) were happy about bombs going off. Particularly the family of Shahara Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? They're inciting violence and acts of terrorism against the West..

ReputationRep:
    Bleddyn, that just strengthens Tonight Matthew's point, after all, it's worse to blame 13% of the population than 8%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Don't you respect your own country's laws? Incitement to violence is illegal.
    Ok you win this round. I have mixed feelings though-on the one hand there is the question of free speech; the other that they are inciting violence. I guess its because it's mixed with the subject of religion, and I find the arrest of religious figures just for what thye preach hard to swallow. Call me a liberal pussy if you want...

ReputationRep:
    Like I say, that man is a bloody gimp.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.