Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Only The BNP would do such a thing, Take advantage of a raw situation and try and get an advantage of it. While everyone else see's it as a disasturous situation,. The BNP think 'Oh heres a chance to put down labour'.

Imagine the Pictures If the BNP were in power. The Hate that they peddle would of made it even worse.
    LoL only the bnp would do it every political party will no doubt labour will take advantage of it to push trhough policys which wont make front page news, no matter wot the situation is political partys always take adavntage oif current situations, its wrong but unfortuantley its a fact of politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    LoL only the bnp would do it every political party will no doubt labour will take advantage of it to push trhough policys which wont make front page news, no matter wot the situation is political partys always take adavntage oif current situations, its wrong but unfortuantley its a fact of politics.
    I'm not sure the other parties would be willing to be quite so classless. The Lib Dems for example, despite campaigning as 'the opposition on Iraq' have come out and said that they do not believe that the bombings were due to our involvement over there.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with the BNP using an image that has already been in every newspaper and on every news channel. Such images have been used for their potential gain since the invention of the camera and it is not for us to judge who should be able to use them. The use of the image by the BNP may be tasteless and a cynical means of attempting to gain votes, but the BNP has the right to use it.

Also, I'm sure the images of the terrorist attacks will be used by Islamic Fundamentalists to further their cause; I would prefer an organisation to use the images in an attempt to stop such a cause (although obviously I do not approve of the BNP's methods).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John82)
    I have no problem with the BNP using an image that has already been in every newspaper and on every news channel. Such images have been used for their potential gain since the invention of the camera and it is not for us to judge who should be able to use them. The use of the image by the BNP may be tasteless and a cynical means of attempting to gain votes, but the BNP has the right to use it.
    I don't think anyone is questioning whether they have the right to or not; they do. However as you've said, it is both tasteless and cynical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John82)
    The use of the image by the BNP may be tasteless and a cynical means of attempting to gain votes, but the BNP has the right to use it.
    Exactly, I'm not saying it should be illegal to use that image, just that its tasteless, cynical and racist, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I just get annoyed at how much attention the BNP get on this site. The BNP have no significant political power yet they are so often attacked that anyone would think they were about to form a government!

More attention should be given to the government.

ReputationRep:
    It's fair enough to be honest. The BNP protest against immigration, and if immigration was prohibited then the bombers would not have been in the UK, and the bombings would not have taken place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    No I don't blame all ethnic minorities, I'm saying when (if) they find out who bombed London, I would be astounded if they were white. I will apologise if they are but I don't think I'll need to.
    Oh, you'll be astounded?! Cos white people can do no wrong can they? Go join the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjmorgstew)
    It's fair enough to be honest. The BNP protest against immigration, and if immigration was prohibited then the bombers would not have been in the UK, and the bombings would not have taken place.
    im sure we wouldve invaded somewhere or other anyway and gave them reason to try and attack the UK :P

ReputationRep:
    This one occurence hardly vindicates the BNP's position on immigration.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i did not say it was down to every muslim in the world, but the faith itself, like it or not, clearly has a tendancy to produce SOME lunatics, so should therefore be considered a liability.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i did not say it was down to every muslim in the world, but the faith itself, like it or not, clearly has a tendancy to produce SOME lunatics, so should therefore be considered a liability.
    Terrorists exist all over the world regardless of faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    most terrorists are muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Islamophobia is likely to help eradicate the causes of terrorism a great deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    But Islam is the faith most clearly associated with mass terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much all faiths in the world produce some lunatics indirectly. And whether it is the religions fault is debatable i mean a lot of things can be misinterpreted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwight66)
    most definitely.
    But is this because of Islam itself, or because of the fact that most people who live in conditions disposed to creating terrorists are Muslims? I don't think you can conclude with any great certainty that it's the former.

ReputationRep:
    Of course religion is to blame. If nobody believed the ridiculous and obviously false lies about the afterlife then maybe people would value life a bit more, the lives of others and even their own lives in the case of suicide bombers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    ....in the 21st century. In the 20th century, it was communism, before that it was xianity under imperalism. Whats your point?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.