Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwight66)
    tonight matthew, you are being an idiot, probably as is the case with any other night. The fact of the matter is that muslims are to blame, and possibly the UK should consider implemeting a full scale ban to combat the terrorists.
    You're right - that's the way to defeat terrorism - have the government ban an entire group due to the actions of a minority.

It's the fact that we DON'T do things like that which make us a free country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjmorgstew)
    In fact, i disagree entirely. The variety of nations which are known to contain terrorist cells is so great, that islam is the only common denomitor.
    But this terrorism did not originate in these countries, it was taken to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    You're right - that's the way to defeat terrorism - have the government ban an entire group due to the actions of a minority.

It's the fact that we DON'T do things like that which make us a free country.
    If we did, surely we'd get bombed more? Because some would slip thru the net. In any case, I don't give a **** what religion you are. Go invent your own. As long as you are a decent human being (that means you don't blow people up) then you can go worship a mouldy hamburger for all i care.

ReputationRep:
    The bombers were born in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    If we did, surely we'd get bombed more?
    I was being sarcastic. Banning Islam would not be a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know? plus, a baby can hardly choose where it's born.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know you were being sarcastic. i was just expanding a lil, giving my thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the reasons they became terrorists were not born in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    But this terrorism did not originate in these countries, it was taken to them.
    So muslim countries are more susceptible to being used as terrorist bases?

ReputationRep:
    tonight matthew, you are being an idiot, probably as is the case with any other night. The fact of the matter is that muslims are to blame, and possibly the UK should consider implemeting a full scale ban to combat the terrorists.
    Wouldn'y everyone want to find some sort of group to blame all their problems on? Thats exactly what Hitler did with the Jews, the Jews were (apparently) to blame.

If a white person commits a crime then the press don't make a bigger deal over it as they would a coloured or muslim person. The press don't say 'White man convicted of serial murders' or 'Christian convicted of rape'. Everyone gets angry at these terrorist attacks but that doesn't mean you should start hating millions of people for one persons crime.

ReputationRep:
    i would say it is a good idea. We need some kind of scheme to bring up youths who will support their country and leader. Persecution of certain out of line groups, muslims, jews etc, may seem harsh, but in the long run will lead to peace. Without domestic strife, we can pursue gains abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    So muslim countries are more susceptible to being used as terrorist bases?
    What I'm saying is, the political situation in various parts of the Middle East is more susceptible to terrorism - and these countries are inhabited by Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody can argue that if there were only native citizens in the UK, then it would be a far safer place.

ReputationRep:
    i would say it is a good idea. We need some kind of scheme to bring up youths who will support their country and leader. Persecution of certain out of line groups, muslims, jews etc, may seem harsh, but in the long run will lead to peace. Without domestic strife, we can pursue gains abroad.
    can't we just persecute all the crazy extremist ones who are known to partake in terrorist activities? i don't think we should persecute innocent people, we're not living in world war 2.

ReputationRep:
    Pursue gains abroad? Such as?

ReputationRep:
    What I'm saying is, the political situation in various parts of the Middle East is more susceptible to terrorism - and these countries are inhabited by Muslims.
    What is the political situation caused by?

ReputationRep:
    Nobody can argue that if there were only native citizens in the UK, then it would be a far safer place.
    What's your opinion of the British Empire?

ReputationRep:
    I can argue! So are you trying to say that anyone who isn't native to this country is dangerous? Er, what?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, North Korea has zero immigration. I bet there is little terrorist activity, they claim to have no AIDS (and I think its near the truth) and people are afraid to commit crimes. Doesn't mean we would like to live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    What is the political situation caused by?
    A number of factors I'm sure. If I knew for sure, I wouldn't be sitting here. However, I refuse to simply blame the situation on the fact that "they're Muslims".

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.