Turn on thread page Beta

Fit? [how do you compare to me on the treadmill] watch

ReputationRep:
    Im by no means a fitness fanatic but i do go to the gym to stay in shape. I always do a 4Km run which i try and do within 20minutes on the treadmill. Best time is 19.00 min. Was just wondering what other people do? how this compares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimiboy)
    Im by no means a fitness fanatic but i do go to the gym to stay in shape. I always do a 4Km run which i try and do within 20minutes on the treadmill. Best time is 19.00 min. Was just wondering what other people do? how this compares?
    i keep fit by playing lots of vigorious sports such as gaelic football and camogie and dirt biking and i am a keen swimmer and love to canoe also i walk to and from friends houses....i live in the countryside and its a good walk to their houses and lastly i use my exercise bike just to my own pace until i feel like i have done enough .... i dont like gyms xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I go gym bout 4/5 times a week. Only really do free weights tho....dont enjoy running, cardio, etc.

ReputationRep:
    if you wanna do a run why not do it outside rather than in a gym thats why i dont like gyms i prefer to work out....outside xoxo

ReputationRep:
    occasionally ill go for a run outside - jus easier going 2 gym and doing it there with the weight machines there as well. i have 2 say tho - the gym is pretty boring, especially being inside with the same view. If it wasnt for the music channels id last bout 5 min tops!

ReputationRep:
    occasionally ill go for a run outside - jus easier going 2 gym and doing it there with the weight machines there as well. i have 2 say tho - the gym is pretty boring, especially being inside with the same view. If it wasnt for the music channels id last bout 5 min tops!
    lol yeah thats why i dont like it....my trainin for camogie or football its more vigorus than the match itself we train for 2 hours laps around the pitch and everything but its good fun with your mates but luckily for me i have fields behind my house so i can run the perimeter of those xoxo

ReputationRep:
    if i do go on the tradmill (which isnt that often) i usually go timewise... say go for 20 mins. start on about 6km/h to warm up and then build it up slowly to about 11/12. i dont like the treadmill tho ufeel so constricted to go the pace it gives u even tho u set it... if u no wat i mean. u cant jus change at random with how u feel its all pushing buttons...lol.

ReputationRep:
    my best..4.8km on a difficult terrain, 17 min 50 sec. that was during my peak , when i was training for college football. now, it will take me forever.

ReputationRep:
    I did the Race for Life (5k) in 24 mins.

ReputationRep:
    hiya,

i used to be addicted to the school gym and went quite a few times a week. free weights, machines, cardio etc.

targeted around 4k in maybe 17mins but not much better. i learnt that it's not best to set super hard goals as i did with the weights - i bought my own to use in my room and fudged up my left shoulder, putting me out of tennis for a few weeks.

just go regularly and never overdo it, and the results will be awesome :champ:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peperharow)
    hiya,

i used to be addicted to the school gym and went quite a few times a week. free weights, machines, cardio etc.

targeted around 4k in maybe 17mins but not much better. i learnt that it's not best to set super hard goals as i did with the weights - i bought my own to use in my room and fudged up my left shoulder, putting me out of tennis for a few weeks.

just go regularly and never overdo it, and the results will be awesome :champ:
    never overdo the weights or ya can be left with big stretch marks xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)

thats exactly right tammy_girl

ReputationRep:
    nothing to do with 'over-doing', it's if the skin (ie. the muscle grows and forces the skin to stretch) is stretched along way over a short period.

to the initial poster; dunno tbh, i run outside mostly (distance and hiit) but on the treadmill i warm up at 8.8km, then up it to 15-16.

ReputationRep:
    Do you?Im lucky in that respect then ! Been doing weights solidly for nearly a year... havent got any strech marks tho! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    you mean 8.8 km/hr --> 15 or 16 km/hr

not actually kilometres right?

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly right tammy_girl
    lol my cousin was lookin 2 bulk up with weights quickly and he over done it n left himself with stretch marks and the back of his legs look like horses back legs so we take the piss outta him :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    you mean 8.8 km/hr --> 15 or 16 km/hr
    correctomundo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    correctomundo.
    lol my dad says that :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Best time on the treadmill was a 7:30 min mile. But I haven't exercised since Lent term!

ReputationRep:
    4km in about 17-18minutes but I'm weighing in at 105kg at the moment so won't really help my running performance :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.