Turn on thread page Beta

Fit? [how do you compare to me on the treadmill] watch

ReputationRep:
    I only work in rowing times im afraid.

Weights wise, i've always wondered what that line on my forearms is. now i know!

They are rather immense, shame about my stomach tho, i think that will have stretch marks from the excessively large stomach underneath it all if i ever get round to losing the extra stone i've put on in my gap year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I only work in rowing times im afraid.

Weights wise, i've always wondered what that line on my forearms is. now i know!

They are rather immense, shame about my stomach tho, i think that will have stretch marks from the excessively large stomach underneath it all if i ever get round to losing the extra stone i've put on in my gap year...
    to combat your stretch marks use a vitamin e oil and rub it directly into the stretch marks, use either bio-oil or vitamin e capsules pierce them with a needle and use the extract to rub in! good luck with it xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    to combat your stretch marks use a vitamin e oil and rub it directly into the stretch marks, use either bio-oil or vitamin e capsules pierce them with a needle and use the extract to rub in! good luck with it xoxo
    Er...what she said. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    Er...what she said. Lol
    lol or use palmers cocoa butter....i just usually use it as a moisturiser though but its still good xoxo

ReputationRep:
    yeh i usually do 4k in bout 18-19 mins. dont go on treadmills much though, prefer rowing and swimming.

ReputationRep:
    I go on longer runs of 8miles (13km) which takes on average just over the hour, but I usually do a faster first 5km checking every km time. 4km for me comes at about 17 minutes.
    Hate running on treadmills though - it is just the same as track running....repetitive and boring!

ReputationRep:
    i dont run....just do a 7.2 miles sprint on my racer every other day. its a semi hilly country lane...and im shockingly slow and manage it in about 27minutes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Heh heh heh. I'm training for the marathon next year, and I've already tried it. Amazingly hard, but hell, what do you say to 26 miles in 3:46:32. I say that's pretty decent for a 14 year old!

ReputationRep:
    can do a mile in 6:45, shocking :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you're just running for your own fitness, then whatever other people do doesn't really matter? It's hardly a competitive event. You'll suck any enjoyment out of it if you're thinking "But I'm only running X k in X minutes!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Surely if you're just running for your own fitness, then whatever other people do doesn't really matter? It's hardly a competitive event. You'll suck any enjoyment out of it if you're thinking "But I'm only running X k in X minutes!!"
    :ditto: i agree completely cause your doing it for your own wellbeing not to compete with others xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keano)
    i dont run....just do a 7.2 miles sprint on my racer every other day. its a semi hilly country lane...and im shockingly slow and manage it in about 27minutes :eek:
    thats they way to do it do it in the countryside and you get a peacefuller area with not as many distractions xoxo

ReputationRep:
    You weren't referring to me there, were you? I wasn't insulting anyone. I was just saying I could do 26 miles is a very quick time for a teen. If anyone feels insulted, I do apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    You weren't referring to me there, were you? I wasn't insulting anyone. I was just saying I could do 26 miles is a very quick time for a teen. If anyone feels insulted, I do apologise.
    I dont think she was referring to you in general i think she means everyone in the whole topic xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    I dont think he was referring to you in general i think he means everyone in the whole topic xoxo
    he's a she!!! :eek:

and I should know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    No, I was talking about the original poster. I didn't even read your post, otherwise I would have said that I'm hoping to run the marathon too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    he's a she!!! :eek:

and I should know!
    Yes, I can also confirm for myself that I am female... I have all the necessary parts, plus more than two pairs of shoes :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, I was talking about the original poster. I didn't even read your post, otherwise I would have said that I'm hoping to run the marathon too
    Give me your address and I'll train with you

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I can also confirm for myself that I am female... I have all the necessary parts, plus more than two pairs of shoes :p:
    sowwwrrrriiiii xoxo

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I ever train is because I want to be fitter, healthier, faster and generally better than other people. It gives my ego a boost. :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.