Turn on thread page Beta

Fit? [how do you compare to me on the treadmill] watch

ReputationRep:
    I only work in rowing times im afraid.

Weights wise, i've always wondered what that line on my forearms is. now i know!

They are rather immense, shame about my stomach tho, i think that will have stretch marks from the excessively large stomach underneath it all if i ever get round to losing the extra stone i've put on in my gap year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I only work in rowing times im afraid.

Weights wise, i've always wondered what that line on my forearms is. now i know!

They are rather immense, shame about my stomach tho, i think that will have stretch marks from the excessively large stomach underneath it all if i ever get round to losing the extra stone i've put on in my gap year...
    to combat your stretch marks use a vitamin e oil and rub it directly into the stretch marks, use either bio-oil or vitamin e capsules pierce them with a needle and use the extract to rub in! good luck with it xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    to combat your stretch marks use a vitamin e oil and rub it directly into the stretch marks, use either bio-oil or vitamin e capsules pierce them with a needle and use the extract to rub in! good luck with it xoxo
    Er...what she said. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    Er...what she said. Lol
    lol or use palmers cocoa butter....i just usually use it as a moisturiser though but its still good xoxo

ReputationRep:
    yeh i usually do 4k in bout 18-19 mins. dont go on treadmills much though, prefer rowing and swimming.

ReputationRep:
    I go on longer runs of 8miles (13km) which takes on average just over the hour, but I usually do a faster first 5km checking every km time. 4km for me comes at about 17 minutes.
    Hate running on treadmills though - it is just the same as track running....repetitive and boring!

ReputationRep:
    i dont run....just do a 7.2 miles sprint on my racer every other day. its a semi hilly country lane...and im shockingly slow and manage it in about 27minutes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Heh heh heh. I'm training for the marathon next year, and I've already tried it. Amazingly hard, but hell, what do you say to 26 miles in 3:46:32. I say that's pretty decent for a 14 year old!

ReputationRep:
    can do a mile in 6:45, shocking :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you're just running for your own fitness, then whatever other people do doesn't really matter? It's hardly a competitive event. You'll suck any enjoyment out of it if you're thinking "But I'm only running X k in X minutes!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Surely if you're just running for your own fitness, then whatever other people do doesn't really matter? It's hardly a competitive event. You'll suck any enjoyment out of it if you're thinking "But I'm only running X k in X minutes!!"
    :ditto: i agree completely cause your doing it for your own wellbeing not to compete with others xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keano)
    i dont run....just do a 7.2 miles sprint on my racer every other day. its a semi hilly country lane...and im shockingly slow and manage it in about 27minutes :eek:
    thats they way to do it do it in the countryside and you get a peacefuller area with not as many distractions xoxo

ReputationRep:
    You weren't referring to me there, were you? I wasn't insulting anyone. I was just saying I could do 26 miles is a very quick time for a teen. If anyone feels insulted, I do apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    You weren't referring to me there, were you? I wasn't insulting anyone. I was just saying I could do 26 miles is a very quick time for a teen. If anyone feels insulted, I do apologise.
    I dont think she was referring to you in general i think she means everyone in the whole topic xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    I dont think he was referring to you in general i think he means everyone in the whole topic xoxo
    he's a she!!! :eek:

and I should know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    No, I was talking about the original poster. I didn't even read your post, otherwise I would have said that I'm hoping to run the marathon too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    he's a she!!! :eek:

and I should know!
    Yes, I can also confirm for myself that I am female... I have all the necessary parts, plus more than two pairs of shoes :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, I was talking about the original poster. I didn't even read your post, otherwise I would have said that I'm hoping to run the marathon too
    Give me your address and I'll train with you

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I can also confirm for myself that I am female... I have all the necessary parts, plus more than two pairs of shoes :p:
    sowwwrrrriiiii xoxo

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I ever train is because I want to be fitter, healthier, faster and generally better than other people. It gives my ego a boost. :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.