The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I play guitar & piano - both self taught. I sing too :h:

Awesome :smile: i tried to teach myself guitar once but just ended up with me getting frustrated :tongue:
Cello and clarinet :smile: love them both, oh and i don't like to blow my own horn but I did play the recorder when I was 6 :tongue:
Original post by Hummi_C
Awesome :smile: i tried to teach myself guitar once but just ended up with me getting frustrated :tongue:

aww haha :h: I just had this chord book and practised loads :tongue:
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
aww haha :h: I just had this chord book and practised loads :tongue:

That there is dedication! :smile: I gave up after a week

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Hummi_C
That there is dedication! :smile: I gave up after a week

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I know right ;D aw bless haha :')
I've started having cello lessons again, after dropping it a while back to concentrate on saxophone and piano.

However, I picked up a cello in the music room at school a few weeks back and started playing, and realised I missed it. It's great playing it again.
Cello - Grade 7
Euphonium - Grade 7
Descant Recorder - Grade 6 standard
Treble Recorder - Grade 6
Tuba - for fun, about grade 3 standard
Double Bass - for fun... but not very good :wink:
Theory - Grade 5

Also can play a variety of percussion instruments, but not piano, I suck at piano... would love to play it though :frown:

This thread. My home. I can show off my musical ability and won't (hopefully) be judged :colone:
Grade 5 flute, Grade 5 violin and Grade 5 theory...I have my grade 6 violin exam in 3 weeks and I have a really bad feeling about it. For those that are taught a musical instrument, how long are your lesson each week/month?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pollypix123
Cello - Grade 7
Euphonium - Grade 7
Descant Recorder - Grade 6 standard
Treble Recorder - Grade 6
Tuba - for fun, about grade 3 standard
Double Bass - for fun... but not very good :wink:
Theory - Grade 5

Also can play a variety of percussion instruments, but not piano, I suck at piano... would love to play it though :frown:

This thread. My home. I can show off my musical ability and won't (hopefully) be judged :colone:

Wow. I wish I could be as musically talented as you :/
Original post by JoshL123
Grade 5 flute, Grade 5 violin and Grade 5 theory...I have my grade 6 violin exam in 3 weeks and I have a really bad feeling about it. For those that are taught a musical instrument, how long are your lesson each week/month?

I play the clarinet (grade 7) and the piano (grade 6), i get half an hour lessons every week :tongue: (and don't stress about your exam, you'll do fine :')
Original post by Hummi_C
I play the clarinet (grade 7) and the piano (grade 6), i get half an hour lessons every week :tongue: (and don't stress about your exam, you'll do fine :')

Thanks, I really hope so....from what I can fund, I get an hour a month :s-smilie:...so panicking :/
Thanks, I really hope so....from what I can fund, I get an hour a month :s-smilie:...so panicking :/

Ah well just practice like nuts and you'll be fine!

For violin, I get between 45 and and hour each week, but they're going to stop soon. :frown: My singing lessons were 25 minutes because they were in school and my teacher had a tight timetable, but at uni they'll probably be about an hour a week. I don't take lessons for piano (yet). :redface:
I do Piano (Grade 8), Singing (Grade 8, doing dip. in a few months hopefully), Organ (going to do Grade 8 soon), Harpsichord (Don't do grades but probably nearing Grade 8 standard), Violin (Grade 6) and Lute for fun :biggrin:
I play:
Piano (Dimploma pieces), you can check out my playing here: http://www.youtube.com/elainemusic369
Am a singer

Used to play:
Volin (for 4 years but gave it up because I didn't really like it!)

Used to be in:
National Youth Choir Of Scotland, NYCoS (I auditioned and it was successful, sung there for 4 years then got too busy with school work! :frown: )

I love listening to guitar music! :biggrin:
Reply 2095
Hello!!

I've been playing the violin for 9 years, the guitar for 6-7 years now and I can play the piano a bit, as well!
I also sing and write music and lyrics.

I've been in an orchestra for 3 years, a band for a year, had a couple of lives and.. that's pretty much it!!

Nice to meet you all!! :smile:
I play flute, to an almost-there grade 8 standard- taking my exam next year.. :gulp: But been playing for about 7 years now.
I also play piano to grade 2, and now I'm self-teaching.. Been playing for 2 years.
Also "self-taught" guitar, but I don't get much time for it, and only started a few months ago.

This was posted from The Student Room's
(edited 11 years ago)
I can play the clarinet; but haven't played it for years. I have just purchased a ukulele.
Reply 2098
Piano grade 8.
(edited 11 years ago)
Guitar (grade 6 standard but haven't taken the exam) and voice.
I'm self teaching at the moment because I don't have enough money for lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest