Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah the pbass plays well especially for a learner instrument.
    My amp is a 100W Crate amp. I wuff it i do
    No. the bees called toby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    yeah the pbass plays well especially for a learner instrument.
    My amp is a 100W Crate amp. I wuff it i do
    No. the bees called toby.
    Wouldn't 100W be a little overdriven at a larger venue? Or are you saving up for something with a little more clout?
    I know an orchestra leader called eric

ReputationRep:
    the biggest were playing atm is the likes of the amersham arms in new cross. I saved for ages for this one and, as the band wont get too serious i dont mind not having a top of the line thing

ReputationRep:
    can i join?
    I play Flute, Piano, some guitar, recorder, learning Violin and i sing(if that counts)

ReputationRep:
    i play an instrument. can i join?
    i have two guitars, acoustic and electric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    the biggest were playing atm is the likes of the amersham arms in new cross. I saved for ages for this one and, as the band wont get too serious i dont mind not having a top of the line thing
    Great attitude . I used to gig round that way, mostly for Wheatley Taverns (probably before your time - are they still going btw?)
    I dunno if this will be of interest to you or not.

recorder, clarinet, flute, bass guitar, drumkit, keyboard/organ, euphonium, bagpipes and mandolin some i can play better than others but drumkit, recorders, clarinet and drum kits are the intruments which i can play best.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone trust ebay to buy an instrument (clarinet)? I'm just looking for a cheap one to mess around with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsk8achic666)
    Would anyone trust ebay to buy an instrument (clarinet)? I'm just looking for a cheap one to mess around with.
    Yes, if the person has good feedback. I know plenty of people who have done that and it is fine.

If you want any advice on makes on ebay etc, I am a clarinettist so I know a bit!

ReputationRep:
    I bought my tenor trombone off ebay, very good price. If you know what you are looking for and you can ask the right questions then you are away. I think it is always a good indicator if obvious questions about the instrument are answered in the advert (i.e. age, amount of usage, condition of keys/slides, mouthpieces, etc.). I would only buy off someone who knows what their are talking about (unless you are absolutely sure you are getting a total bargain of someone who doesn't realise what they have got!).

btw, not sure whether I am in this thing or not:

Instruments: Tenor Trombone, Bass Trombone, Guitar, Voice (Baritone).

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I tried my friends sisters flute the other day. I was crap at it! It took me about half an hour to get a note out of the thing.

Should be getting my Amp soon! Yey!!!

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to get a sound of it when I tried!

ReputationRep:
    I play the guitar and attempt the piano on occasion. I can't read piano music, so I generally just listen to something then play it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't play the flute lol it's just aaaaall wrong... I don't think I like the idea of ebay, think I'll wait see if I can get a clarinet elsewhere first. I had one but it was borrowed off the school.. not a bad one either :rolleyes: should have "misplaced" it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh!!

How much are you willing to spend? I could find some cheap good ones for you?

ReputationRep:
    I can't play the flute lol it's just aaaaall wrong... I don't think I like the idea of ebay, think I'll wait see if I can get a clarinet elsewhere first. I had one but it was borrowed off the school.. not a bad one either :rolleyes: should have "misplaced" it :p:
    You can get basic plastic ones for about $300/400 Australian, which is pretty cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I meant like 50 quid max. I'm not a clarinettist, only played for a few months, and I'm not going to play it often enough to justify spending any more on it than that... as for $300.... :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see lol

Do you have any friends who might sell one?!

Ebay is good, but also keep an eye on adverts in your local newspaper

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any clarinettist friends (except my bf but he's only got a £7000 one :eek: lol) but I guess when I move to uni tomorrow (yay) I might find someone who wants rid of one

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ask around.

Good luck at uni!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.