Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yeah I know, over ten years. I think it drove my parents insane, listening to the screech of the violin all these years!

Thank you Mr JR!!

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    Its gods wish my dear

*pulls off face*
    Heh heh, all right!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so many accomplished musicians. Lets start a huge, very diverse band!

What shall we name it?

ReputationRep:
    Bugsy Banjo!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I used to play the piano for absolutely ages (got up to gerade 5 standard pieces, wasn't one for taking the exams), and I have a flute, mandolin, harmonica(), and guitar(current status broken) that I jusat like playing for the heckof it.

I can find a pic of my harmonica on the internet, a special 20 http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdIm...1/22820897.JPG

ReputationRep:
    Does it count if u used to play??? I used to play the flute and had lessons for 8 years and got up to grade 7 and gave up. why did i give up my lessons? :mad: anyway can i join please??? i still own my flute and play from time to time and REALLY regret not having my lessons anymore. Am i in??? i love that instument and wanna play again.

ReputationRep:
    Laura, till you take it up again, ill add you to honourary suporters...

this is for the purpose of current musicians... Thus if you take up an instrument again, you shall be promptly moves to members. That ok?

:itsme:

Keys. Piano, but also hammond organ when I have the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Keyboard, Flute and Piano (Grade 8 for keyboard and I'm so fantastic for the other two I require no grades! Lol, I'm disillusioned with exams now and hate the AB so I just play for the sheer musicianship ). Can I joinies?

ReputationRep:
    lets name it "Labu ba bey ba ba boop ba duh dun dun dun daaaah (oh yeah )

ReputationRep:
    Oooh me - bass and guitar... Bass mostly though :love: I love my bass!

ReputationRep:
    oh my god I cant take it anymore.. Another Bassist.... too...excited

ReputationRep:
    So first order of business... How long have you guys been playing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    Flute for six years (grade 8 standard) with the amazing Jonathan Snowden teaching me for three
    Viola for about three years now (grade 7 standard)
    Piano for ages but that's more of a fun thing, I don't do regular practice so I'm probably about grade 5ish standard on that.

ReputationRep:
    I can play the flute, piano, french horn and recorder (of that counts...)
    I also have a clarinet, I think maybe an oboe somewhere, a guitar annnnd a kazoo!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive never taken grade tests or had a lesson
    im a more "im rock and roll cause i taught myself" player. then again im not doing too badly. I have been playing guitar for 3 yeard now i think, bass for one and a half years... SAx ive only started. Drums been trying for about 5 months...

Im going to get sax lessons Thatd be well cool to be able to play sax proper like...

(Original post by MR_JR)
    11 years. Seriously speaking, about 8. Before then, it was being taught popular songs by my grandfather - Christmas Carols and the like. I got the music bug at around 9/10 years old, and then really made an effort. I've been paid to play private functions and the odd civic do for about 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! thats quite a while....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    A little under 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    11 years. Seriously speaking, about 8. Before then, it was being taught popular songs by my grandfather - Christmas Carols and the like. I got the music bug at around 9/10 years old, and then really made an effort. I've been paid to play private functions and the odd civic do for about 2 years.

Wooosh!, thats amazing!! - especially from my point of view, having never been all that musical! :p: Well done. (you have my 100% admiration!)

music = pure talent. Take note everybody!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.