Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I play trumpet, and maybe recorder also. Well, I sing too, heh
    May I join please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_aesthetic)
    Its not hard to play other valved brass intruments once you know one. It depends on the length of the tubing and they vary according to the valve. For instance the longest length of tubing (ie all valves down) will raise by a semitone from open. And so to raise another semitone you go with the next longest (ie first and third).

Its more logic in learning brass instruments. Trombone is the only odd one out really! And cornet, flugal horn and trumpet are exactly the same fingerings at the same pitch!!! I think (if I remember rightly) euphonium is the same at a different pitch (although its years since I've picked up a euphonium so not really too sure???)
    Hey, I did not know that... thanks for the info... I knew that clarinet and sax are very similar, in terms of blowing technique, so if I had enough money for a sax I'd probably be able to say I can play one :p:

Which instruments do you play, by the way? (too much effort to look through all these pages :p: )

ReputationRep:
    I'e only just joined so you don't have to thumb back far. But I play Cornet as my main instrument, but can obviously play Trumpet and Flugal horn too.

In the past I've played tenor horn, euphonium, baritone, tuba as far as brass goes.

I'm also a violinist and pianist.

ReputationRep:
    I'e only just joined so you don't have to thumb back far. But I play Cornet as my main instrument, but can obviously play Trumpet and Flugal horn too.

In the past I've played tenor horn, euphonium, baritone, tuba as far as brass goes.

I'm also a violinist and pianist.
    That's cool! (lol, being in this topic makes my list of piano and clarinet seem very humble...) My friend plays the trumpet, and I'd one day like to learn it. Not enough money at the moment though :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can play Jingle Bells on a cornet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    What do you want? A medal????? :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I tried to play a cornet. It must have been funny for any one watching :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What do you want? A medal????? :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:
    Well...if you're offering... :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, no I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    i used to play the euphonium

ReputationRep:
    No, no I'm not.
    Fine, I'll get someone else to get me a medal ....

ReputationRep:
    Fine, I'll get someone else to get me a medal ....
    Errr... What would anyone give you a medal for??? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Many things...you just wouldn't understand...

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Many things...you just wouldn't understand...
    Er.. Whatevva!!! Do I look bovvered? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know...can't see you...

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* It's like you're six again...

ReputationRep:
    Ninja!!!! :O I am 6 ! Leave me alone!

ReputationRep:
    You're certainly something... :p: I'm grumpy cos i've just been woken up!

Two music exams left to do! Then, it's all over for a while

ReputationRep:
    Oooh what exams?!

I just had a small repertoire test, I am pissed off with some of the answers I put. I shouldn't be bothered though, it is only worth 5%!!! And I got 80% for my essay so woo!

ReputationRep:
    You don't do exams?! I had five different music exams; Music History; Theory; Music Science; Listening Skills... and something else I can't remember! And a composition thing I had to hand in!!!

Wooo! lol. Well done.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.