The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
pianist

Do you think after a certain age it will be really hard to learn the violin? I haven't seen anybody learn it over the age of about 10 :s:

I wouldn't worry bout age stopping you...all you need is perseverance and I'm sure you already have plenty of that as a musician. the most important thing about violin is that you must get all the technique right from the beginning (therefore get a gd teacher). I had a load of dodgey teachers at the start and relearning the technique is proving to be a nightmare and taking ages. The bow hand is vital and infact if you start at later ages you're more likely to understand the importance of what your doing with it and not get bad habits that you'll only have to unlearn.

oh and btw can I join please? I play violin and piano and want to do a music degree. I love performing!
Reply 801
pianist

Do you think after a certain age it will be really hard to learn the violin? I haven't seen anybody learn it over the age of about 10 :s:

I started it age 14, and gave up aged 16 :rolleyes: I didn't find it particularly hard, I just didn't have time to practice with 2 other instruments :biggrin:
Reply 802
can i join?
i play the piano, flute, guitar and violin? :wink:
Can I be TSRs resident tuba player?
Reply 804
Can I join, Grade 5 piano :biggrin:

But i've given up, but i can still play...

I also dabble in a bit of air guitar on Saturday nights :rolleyes:
How are all the TSR I Play An Instrument-ers? Not been on here for a while! I'm back home in Essex until tomorrow! Woo!

Bored though. I hate the middle of nowhere-ness. :frown:
I now play the saxophone :cool: yeah.
Reply 807
saxophone's cool.. i cant play it tho.. my friend plays a tenor saxophone in an orchestra..
oo plz can i join?? i play flute and piccolo, tenor sax, soprano sax, piano and guitar. yay me!:biggrin:
Reply 809
lp999
saxophone's cool.. i cant play it tho.. my friend plays a tenor saxophone in an orchestra..

What kind of orchestra is it? Is your friend in it because some of the pieces the orchestra are playing require a sax?

I ask because saxophones are not usually in orchestras.
Reply 810
its a high school orchestra.. quite a good one in thailand. they play traditional thai music mixed with western to give a classic taste. they're actually really good. funny, too! the result is quite pleasing :smile:
Anyone who is a member or who wants to be a member, can they please register for the society? I cannot add you myself, you have to apply through thre "socs" tab. Look for "Musicians Society"
flute and piano for me :smile:
Reply 813
misst
flute and piano for me :smile:

loving it? :smile:
Can i Join?

I play Grade 8 organ, and also the accordian. I also have experience on subsideries of these such as piano and harpsicord. More details on request:smile:

Dave
Reply 815
I'd like to join pls, i play the piano, violin and used to play the alto saxophone.
Lettuce
I'd like to join pls, i play the piano, violin and used to play the alto saxophone.

:dito: Though I play Bb Clarinet and Alto sax (grades 8 and 6 respectively) instead of the above. :smile:

-Saruman
Reply 817
yay!

what do you like playing on clarinet and sax?
sexysax
yay!

what do you like playing on clarinet and sax?

Anything really :smile:. Especially jazz on the sax, though I do like Maurice Ravel and Bach as well :smile:

-Saruman
Saruman
Anything really :smile:. Especially jazz on the sax, though I do like Maurice Ravel and Bach as well :smile:

-Saruman

Sexy :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest