Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I play the electronic keyboard at my local yamaha music school. Just wondering- Does ne1 else play an instrument at their yamaha music school cuz i only no 1 other person who has their lessons at yamaha music school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz23)
    I play the electronic keyboard at my local yamaha music school. Just wondering- Does ne1 else play an instrument at their yamaha music school cuz i only no 1 other person who has their lessons at yamaha music school!
    I am learning foundation classical guitar. My latest addition. But I would say yamaha is only good for foundation courses and 'rare' courses like jazz piano where it would be hard to find a teacher on your own.

ReputationRep:
    WOW - I have played in 5 performances of Oliver in the last 4 days - it was quite tiring actually. The music is boring too - esp Oom Pah Pah - bah:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh - and I have been accepted into the National Scout and Guide Symphony Orchestra

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

I played a bass clarinet today, and am playing it at my old schools concert on Wednesday!!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, sounds fuuuun! Good luck!

Seeing as I'm new around here, may as well tell you a bit about myself :p: I play flute [did grd.7 in March and passed , working on grd.8 now], piccolo [for over a month], saxophone, bit of piano, ditto with oboe and played on recorder when I was a kiddo in Junior school!

Still a bit excited [in fact tired] about last night, I performed at the Royal Albert Hall with my music school!

ReputationRep:
    Ace! *jealous*!

Cool, what do you like playing on flute? Do you play much sax?

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I play the flute,picc and piano and sing (National Youth Choir)... and that's about it!

love danniella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Ace! *jealous*!

Cool, what do you like playing on flute? Do you play much sax?
    All sorts...I'm not a fussy player :p: I'm playing Mozart's Flute Concerto No.1 in my lessons at the moment, seeing I had to play mvt.2 for grd.7, and I think mvt.1 is for grd.8...Tend to play classical in orchestra and jazz/blues in wind band, well we play all sorts in band, so that's a lie :rolleyes:

And the sax...well I play when I'm in the mood...and have the time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i never tried piccolo. is it hard?

so spending my time with violin. lol

ReputationRep:
    I've played piccolo, it just requires a tighter embouchure than the flute..I think..don't quote me on that!

I love Mozart's flute concerti!

daniella - Is one of your conductors of NYC, called Alex Jarrett?

ReputationRep:
    Well, playing lower notes on the picc is quite easy, fairly similar....it's when you get to anything above the first C above the stave, it gets a bit tricky :rolleyes: Was amusing to learn, kept giving myself banging headaches!

ReputationRep:
    Would love to play the picc but can't afford 1

ReputationRep:
    I got mine half the normal retail price off dawkes.co.uk I dunno if the offer's still on, but it was £200 for a brand new Jupiter picc!

ReputationRep:
    Another music society...oh well i guess ill join. I play sax to a grade 7 level, about to start doing exams because i couldn't be bothered before, have to start on gr 5 because cant do anymore without doing gr 5 theory which ill do after that.

Heres a pic of my baby: http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/596/img0006small7jp.th.jpg
    It cost me a pretty penny but it burns rubber like no other sax i've tried!

btw thats an otto link 8* on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah H)
    I got mine half the normal retail price off dawkes.co.uk I dunno if the offer's still on, but it was £200 for a brand new Jupiter picc!
    That's quite a good price!

Just had concert, played sax, and accompanied, was good fun!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds uber cool! I want to have a concert and be accompanied

ReputationRep:
    Get your school to have one then lol, and play a solo which has a piano part for it!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, bit late now...am leaving a couple of months :rolleyes:

College were always a bit useless with music, I brought the music to them...

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see!

Organise one of your own!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.