Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I might have a job teaching woodwind from September!!!!! At my old school!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow - that would be cool i would love to b able to teach, but my timing is really bad! lol! i teach my friend though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    How do you teach it over MSN, you must be really good. The reason i'm asking is because i'm absolutly poo at theory, and i really need to pass grade 5. I've had theory lessons for about 4yrs (working up to grade 5 theory which i had lesson for a year) but i just faff around in class and have got to the stage where i've been taught the same things over and over again for years, so now its all jumbled and confused in my head!
    I'm grade 6 cello working towards doing grade 7 (but obviously cant do any without grade 5 theory!) and have just got a new cello, which is so so nice and sounds incredable!!
    I just do, I try to explain things etc. It seems to have worked so far.

Well done Trish!

ReputationRep:
    I just do, I try to explain things etc. It seems to have worked so far.

Well done Trish!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Grade 6 theory next ?!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Grade 6 theory next ?!:p:
    no way! :afraid: lol

ReputationRep:
    Shame lol!

ReputationRep:
    My bands Final gig is a week on Thursday :eek::bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Do i count as a musician coz mother nature has shatered any hope i ever had of playing any physical instruments; so instead i instruct my computer to play various virtual instruments??? In smooth, i'm a recreational song-writer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I play the piano, violin, and organ. I am also studying for a Bmus music degree @ uni and am doing singing for my principal study (im a mezzo-soprano). I'm also currently studying for my piano diploma :-)

ReputationRep:
    Did any1 listen to radio 4 at 1.30 today. It was about pianos being used to accompany other chamber orchestral pieces of music and how pianos should be seen as other instruments not accompanists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara)
    Hi, I play the piano, violin, and organ. I am also studying for a Bmus music degree @ uni and am doing singing for my principal study (im a mezzo-soprano). I'm also currently studying for my piano diploma :-)
    Oh cool, what uni?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm a harpist first and foremost - have been playing for just under 4 years, and I've done grade 8 recently.

I also play the piano, treble recorder and sing (mezzo-soprano) and again, got grade 8 for these as well.

I also dabble in a bit of guitar, flute, clarinet and ocarina, and I'm very very keen to take up the double bass!

I'm off to Bristol University in October to study Music and French full time as a BA, so guess that'll be an amazing leap forward for my musical possibilities...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelharpist)
    Hi there!

I'm a harpist first and foremost - have been playing for just under 4 years, and I've done grade 8 recently.

I also play the piano, treble recorder and sing (mezzo-soprano) and again, got grade 8 for these as well.

I also dabble in a bit of guitar, flute, clarinet and ocarina, and I'm very very keen to take up the double bass!

I'm off to Bristol University in October to study Music and French full time as a BA, so guess that'll be an amazing leap forward for my musical possibilities...
    cool. i always wanted to try the harp its cool.

seems like ur a very musical person. :p: best of lucks anyway for bristol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lp999)
    cool. i always wanted to try the harp its cool.

seems like ur a very musical person. :p: best of lucks anyway for bristol..
    Thank ye kindly - very sweet of you

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. watch Les Miserables on DVD today, definately my favourite. u guys?

ReputationRep:
    this thread needs some replies, guys.

ReputationRep:
    My band are no more :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    My band are no more :bawling:
    That sucks
    What happened?

I've been in a couple bands that haven't worked out and its frustrating. First one broke up cause I moved out of the country. Second one was just with this other guy and I stopped it cause I was writing all the music but he was taking all the credit for it. Besides he had nothing of value to contribute really..I basically told him what to play and when.

ReputationRep:
    guys, can i join?
    I sing (working towards dip) and stopped clarinet after grade 7....

lol pleaaase can i be a member of this prestigeous soc??

ReputationRep:
    hmm...can i join? Violin & Viola Grade 8, Self taught piano to a grade 8 standard. attempted clarinet...didn't like it. have played cello and double bass briefly too!

oh yeh, forgot to mention electric guitar and bass too! (more bass though...it's way cooler)

regards
    --marty

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.