Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Associated board normally takes approx 3weeks. Dont worry, im sure it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    What was your concert piece Trish? What g5 flute pieces and g6 piano are you doing?
    All by myself - I hated the end section - all flats
    g6 piano im doing prayer of the matador and prelude, not sure about the 3rd piece - my piano teacher trying to get hold of the alternative pieces.
    g5 flute im doing study 50 and my flute teacher is getting hold of the other pieces for me to look at - probably the beethoven one in A, not sure about teh B piece though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_giggles)
    Ive still not heard back about my grade 7 exam...I'm already worried without having to be kept in suspense. Does anyone know how long it usually takes because I can't remember
    Don't worry, you won't hear for at least another week, more towards the end of June. ABRSM usually take a couple of weeks, and seeing as the Summer session is the busiest one it might take longer.

Trish - Ace. I did Prayer of the Matador - lovely piece. You've picked a hard flute study .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Don't worry, you won't hear for at least another week, more towards the end of June. ABRSM usually take a couple of weeks, and seeing as the Summer session is the busiest one it might take longer.

Trish - Ace. I did Prayer of the Matador - lovely piece. You've picked a hard flute study .
    I know - I love it

and i find that study easier than 44...which i originally started on..

ReputationRep:
    Which one is Rumba? That's the 'easiest' one note wise I think.

ReputationRep:
    thats 44... i couldnt play it for some reason :s:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I get it now! I think Rumba is regared as the easy option, but I don't think it's that easy, because the 8/8 time sig is unfamiliar and the rhythm can be quite hard to grasp. Good luck with ther Ferling one then!

About piano, you could wait until the new syllabus is out to try to see if the pieces are better for you?

ReputationRep:
    I probably could, but my teacher, nor my parents think it would be a wise idea..their thinking being that it might be even worse...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, could be. Grade 8 syllabus is fab! Work on the 2 pieces you have now then and get them sorted, at least you then only have List A to sort out. You can still use those pieces up until the first session next year.

ReputationRep:
    hehe - dont think ill be doing grade 8 quite that soon :p: my piano teahcer busy going to musics shops getting the pieces for me....the only problem - she a worst craster than me....

ReputationRep:
    Woo!! Hehe. You should try Corant, just to see.

ReputationRep:
    I probably will do...knowing my piano teacher :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice piece and not too hard, apart from about 2 lines full of those stupid turns and trills !

ReputationRep:
    turns and trills *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm new here and i'd like to join so what is it exactly that you all do here?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome!

Here, we just chat about our instruments, what music we're playing, any music we like etc. Anything really! What do you play?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! To trumpet players trumpeters I guess... Do you have any sheet music/study book etc that you really enjoy playing? I'm just looking to getting some new music and want something fun to play...

ReputationRep:
    well i used to play the piano, but i stopped after i finished grade 8. a couple of years back i've took up guitar, classical and electric. really great. prolly gonna bring my axe with my to oxford

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool.

Jarife - what standard are you? If you're quite good you could try some concertos e.g. Haydn's concerto. Do you have a study book by Arban? That's good for technique.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody at the Music For Youth national festival series held in Birmingham this year in July?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.