Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a concert last night was so much fun

ReputationRep:
    Ace, what did you play?

ReputationRep:
    I played Tijuana Brass, Henry Mancini at the Oscars, Music, Spinning Wheel, Moondance and 2 joint peices with the junior wind band - Charlston and Hoedown Hayride
    was the DDWB and WWJW Im in the DDWB

ReputationRep:
    Woo, sounds fun .

ReputationRep:
    it was

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a concert tomorrow night. Not sure what the pieces are, it's just the clarinet tutors on a course playing stuff, so it should be cool .

ReputationRep:
    sounds it

ReputationRep:
    Going to a Prom too, woo!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I was almost at the first night of the proms... But we decided to go and see the producers instead!

ReputationRep:
    Retired french-horn player (Grade 5)
    Only started playing out of circumstance!
    Music teacher thought I should play the French Horn (for some strange reason) - so I took it up

ReputationRep:
    has anyone here composed a fugue?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I composed one. tried to make it jazzy.. sorta worked :p: although I guess I just completely missed the point of Baroque :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if anyone would object to The TSR Musicians' Society being moved into the gallery, that way it would be easier for you to share your piece's/thoughts with a wider group of artisitcally minded people

i just thought it would be more subject specific being a performing arts thing and all

ReputationRep:
    Retired Cellist (Grade 7)
    Also play some guitar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    i was just wondering if anyone would object to The TSR Musicians' Society being moved into the gallery, that way it would be easier for you to share your piece's/thoughts with a wider group of artisitcally minded people

i just thought it would be more subject specific being a performing arts thing and all
    As Society leader, I would like to object. This thread is not used as a means to share material composed by members. Though you have inspired an idea, If the members of this society would use it, then a second (linked) thread that *is* in the gallery may be good. The music, as you suggested, would be made available for more, members would also know what to do if they do want to share music.

I do not believe that this thread is suitable for the gallery sub forum, however.

ReputationRep:
    got back from touring poland with east riding youth orchestra today.

Awesome. Two churches and an outdoor gig, played vaughan williams english folk songs, chopin orchestrated by glazunov, mayuzumi's concertino for xylophone and orch (anyone got mp3 of this?), massenet's le cid, and elgar's 4th. Lovely country hot etc, beautiful, music all around, and great social trip too.

ReputationRep:
    im bass. add me plz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Spartacus)
    As Society leader, I would like to object. This thread is not used as a means to share material composed by members. Though you have inspired an idea, If the members of this society would use it, then a second (linked) thread that *is* in the gallery may be good. The music, as you suggested, would be made available for more, members would also know what to do if they do want to share music.

I do not believe that this thread is suitable for the gallery sub forum, however.
    Ditto. I also object.

ReputationRep:
    me too. Start a "Post your compositions" thread in there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Spartacus)

Makes 4 of us....

oh and Ive finally chosen my 3rd piece :p: I decided that i would try the Corant

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.