ReputationRep:
    Ok, but get a decent one!

ReputationRep:
    *spams*

ooops I meant

*bumps*

ReputationRep:
    You're forgiven:p:

Life is getting quite busy musically for me. Kids go back to school this week so I am teaching 2 days a week, and then just the 1 day when I start back at uni. Have a tour to sort for and make sure the ensembles are ready, conduct and run a windband and sort out stuff for the Christmas Concert - need to do it in advance because I'm not here that often, also my clarinet grade 8 to practice for at some point, and performance on sax for uni.

After months of being unmotivated and bored, it all hits me at once!

ReputationRep:
    piano, guitar and singing
    and just transferred from manchester doing international management to go to uea to do music so ecstatically happy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Claire!

ReputationRep:
    Wahey! Just found out I passed my grade 8 Flute soooo happy - i was so sure i'd failed! lol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! What mark? What pieces did you play?

ReputationRep:
    Passed grade 8? Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I'm studying for my grade 8 piano, am absolutely terrified of the exam coz the only other exam i've taken is my grade one lol, it put me off for 4 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elanor_Gamgee)
    Wahey! Just found out I passed my grade 8 Flute soooo happy - i was so sure i'd failed! lol:rolleyes:
    Well done and
    (Original post by sexysax)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Lol. 109 - but i still passed I played Aria and Waltz from Suite Antique, Rutter; Sonata in E Minor, Handel; Study no 76; Boehm (from 76 graded studies for flute)

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with 109! Well done! Great!

I like the Rutter, don't know the Handel, and refuse to look at the study, it's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Figaro123: User has too many society memberships

Figaro123, I'm not forgeting about you but any atetmpt to add you as a member is rejected. If you would like membership, pelase leave a society and reapply

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with 109! Well done! Great!

I like the Rutter, don't know the Handel, and refuse to look at the study, it's horrible!
    Yup - studies are very horrible. The Handel was my fav, except there were no places to breathe! lol

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling!

Just done 40 minutes clarinet practice...must be a record :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ever learnt a study in my life. I'm pretty terrified that my teacher at uni (for viola) whoever it is going to be is just going to say..."Tom your technique is so terrible that 1) I'm surprised you don't have a hunch like our friend from Notre Dame and 2) I'm never going to teach you again, get out get out get out!!!!"

If so, I will laugh heartilly and not take the performance module :p:. Anything not to do studies. I made up the scales on the spot for every single grade I ever took - imagine (for any stringies here) attempting to do Eb major in thirds double stopped in the exam, the third time ever attempt to do so in my life. Eek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboy06)
    I haven't ever learnt a study in my life. I'm pretty terrified that my teacher at uni (for viola) whoever it is going to be is just going to say..."Tom your technique is so terrible that 1) I'm surprised you don't have a hunch like our friend from Notre Dame and 2) I'm never going to teach you again, get out get out get out!!!!"

If so, I will laugh heartilly and not take the performance module :p:. Anything not to do studies. I made up the scales on the spot for every single grade I ever took - imagine (for any stringies here) attempting to do Eb major in thirds double stopped in the exam, the third time ever attempt to do so in my life. Eek.

Studies aren't THAT awful - i mean i dont especially enjoy playing them but i wouldnt go as far as all that. At the end of the day they do improve your technique and a few of them are ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elanor_Gamgee)
    Studies aren't THAT awful - i mean i dont especially enjoy playing them but i wouldnt go as far as all that. At the end of the day they do improve your technique and a few of them are ok
    Yeah I know, I just never have been forced to do them you know? I guess you're never too old to start...

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn I had posted a reply to this..ah well. I am sure your teacher will be fine Tom, stop worrying!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not actually worried lol...just bored and finding something to say :p:...everyone's either at uni already or getting ready for uni, myself being the hyper-organised person I am...ahem...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.