Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I'm always here Fletch!

I got into the University Symphony Orchestra playing bass clarinet for Arthur Bliss' Colour Symphony!! Really shocked!
    The bass clarinet is one of the most gorgeous sounds imaginable! I don't know the Bliss but I imagine it's a big one. :rolleyes:
    I'm just about to play baritone sax for our concert band (I stand in for whatever is missing). I love playing bari but when I play bottom As, my eyes vibrate so much I can't read the music.

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice when the darn instrument works! It's a really old horrible thing so really hard to play!

ReputationRep:
    The fooools have put me on front desk of both of the uni orchestras. I know it's only cos I play the viola...

ReputationRep:
    can i join? i play the clarinet soprano sax and violin, and iv just started learning the piano

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice when the darn instrument works! It's a really old horrible thing so really hard to play!
    I suppose there aren't many institutions that run to a new bass clarinet - ours is appaling and the bell keeps falling off. Nice new Yamaha bari tho'

(Original post by fatboy06)
    The fooools have put me on front desk of both of the uni orchestras. I know it's only cos I play the viola...
    The advantage of playing a rarer instrument!

ReputationRep:
    bump...Got the date for my grade 5 flute today...29th November...very nervous

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh that is so weird! I know loads of friends with their exam on the 29th! What time is it?

What pieces are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    2.46 lol!

Im doing Sicilienne, Allegro Molto and Study 50....And I still cant play them right or my scales or anything

ReputationRep:
    First 2 pieces are ones I have my grade 5 flute pupil playing. She is doing Rumba instead of 50 though. Just practice and calm it, I am sure you will be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    i tried the rumba - I didnt enjoy it htough, so I didnt carry on.. I hope I will...i dont want to fail it

ReputationRep:
    You won't fail! Do you know your scales at all?

ReputationRep:
    Sort of - I know all my majors pretty well, my minors are **** to be perfectly honest

ReputationRep:
    That's ok, you'll only get asked a few, just keep trying to learn them!

ReputationRep:
    Thats my only choice :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until you start doing melodic minors .

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i got my grade 4 electronic keyboard exam results back today and found that i had passed with DISTINCTION!! :eek: i was well shocked cos i thought i went majorly wrong on my hearing test but then found i had got 7/10 for it! but anyways so happy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until you start doing melodic minors .
    Oh yummy - I hate them on piano - so no way am I gonna like them on flute:p:

ReputationRep:
    piano, guitar, indonesian bird wwhistlee, triangle, xylophone and tamborine:d lol:suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    2.46 lol!

Im doing Sicilienne, Allegro Molto and Study 50....And I still cant play them right or my scales or anything
    hehe...when i did grade 5 I got to play Put you Hoe down by Andrew Wilson - it was my favourite exam piece ever!! They took it off the syllabus the term after I did it though...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.