Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A bit pants really. My two pieces weren't too bad- he had to cut sicilienne short because he was running late. My study was a bit iffy, as was my sightreading. Scales - is it possible to get minus marks? and that can apply to the Aural as well...So not my best exam, but hopefully not my worst either...

ReputationRep:
    Scales and minus marks...I know the feeling! But no, you get at least 7 for just trying!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you .

ReputationRep:
    Scales and minus marks...I know the feeling!! But no, you get 7 for just trying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Scales and minus marks...I know the feeling!! But no, you get 7 for just trying!

Thanks! How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Very bad, definitely did it at the wrong time, too much on, and my lip is still cut grr:rolleyes: . Heyho aural was quite good..which is worrying .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Very bad, definitely did it at the wrong time, too much on, and my lip is still cut grr:rolleyes: . Heyho aural was quite good..which is worrying .
    awww :hugs:

What Aural good? Heaven forbid! :eek: :p:
    My fingers are firmly crossed as well!

ReputationRep:
    Aural wasn't amazing, but the singing stuff wasn't as bad as I expected, which is definitely weird!

ReputationRep:
    Concert tonight .

Bliss Colour Symphony
    Bartok Dance Suite
    Debussy Nocturnes

I'm playing bass clarinet in the Bliss and second clarinet for one of the Debussy movements. Only found the latter out today because the other clarinettist hasn't been turning up grr. Good job I'm a good sight reader and it's not overly hard. Pft.

ReputationRep:
    Hello lovely people

I play the clarinet, did grade 6 but havent played much recently, i've got some guest spot books and enjoy playing them but they r 2 easy so I wanna get another book with CD accompaniment thats more challenging. But I have no idea what to look for, if anyone knows of any good books I would love to hear from you

From a quick search on the internet all I found was a book called "Broadway By Special Arrangement: Clarinet" which looks good but there must be others out there!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    AAARGH I've got my Guildhall Piano diploma on Saturday in London. My practice is not going well, and my teacher is in Malaysia. I'm exhausted, I keep on having these irritating University interviews, which take up time, and one of my pieces is still a bit shaky.

:beats head against table:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addlestone)
    Hello lovely people

I play the clarinet, did grade 6 but havent played much recently, i've got some guest spot books and enjoy playing them but they r 2 easy so I wanna get another book with CD accompaniment thats more challenging. But I have no idea what to look for, if anyone knows of any good books I would love to hear from you

From a quick search on the internet all I found was a book called "Broadway By Special Arrangement: Clarinet" which looks good but there must be others out there!

Thanks!
    Hey fellow clarinetist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    AAARGH I've got my Guildhall Piano diploma on Saturday in London. My practice is not going well, and my teacher is in Malaysia. I'm exhausted, I keep on having these irritating University interviews, which take up time, and one of my pieces is still a bit shaky.

:beats head against table:
    [s]banghead[/s]:banghead:?

:hugs: best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I play violin, piano, guitar and flute.. can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addlestone)
    Hello lovely people

Thanks!
    Hello, I play clarinet too .

Have a look on www.musicroom.com and search, there are loads on there. Generally books with CD accomp and never going to be reeeeally hard. I have a book called from Bach to Ravel but it's for sax, but it's not really easy, have a look and see if it's been written for clarinet too .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beau)
    I play violin, piano, guitar and flute.. can I join?
    Yep, sure. Click on this link and scroll down:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    [s]banghead[/s]:banghead:?

:hugs: best of luck
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    starchild: User has too many society memberships

Starchild, if youd like to become a member, pease delete a membership and reapply to this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Thanks
    Thats OK :hugs:

and :eek: Jamies online!! :eek::p:

ReputationRep:
    I know! Shock horror!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, my diploma didn't go as well as could have done, but I think I passsed. :exhausted:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.