The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Well that wa a fun concert...I say fun because for once my bowtie actually ajusted and didnt choke me! I could barely play my flute - gave blood yesterday and my entire elbow swelled up so I could barely hold my flute..managed ot get through...halfway through the second half [Id been playing for about 2 hours by this point practices included] my elbow went 'OWWWW!!!' and I barely got through the rest of the concert without dropping my flute or anything...yay...
Reply 1541
You gave blood just before a concert :eek: I hope they were grateful.
Well done Inferno - it gets easier :biggrin:
Reply 1542
I had a friend who touted the same pieces of work round all the colleges and institutions he could find and ended up with 3 lines of Diplomas in the school handbook! He then went to America and they were so impressed they made him a professor. ;smartass;
Yeah, technically I have CertGSMD after my name...

I did a concert yesterday, playing an arrangement of Beethovn's 5th for 4 hands... neither of us had practiced much, so it was absolutely hilarious.
Reply 1544
I know those duets, they are such fun esp. the 7th.
yeah, we only did the first movement of the 5th, but I may well get a copy for later use.
If you can do that, then you may as well do the diploma :smile: I'm wondering whether I can do the LGSMD next year, or whether it would kill me...
In fact scratch that, apparently you have to be 21 to do the LGSMD. You also now have to be 18 to do the ATCL, which replaced the CertGSMD that I did. Lucky I did it then, 'cause I'm still not 18, and wouldn't want to do it this summer :p:
Fletch
You gave blood just before a concert :eek: I hope they were grateful.
Well done Inferno - it gets easier :biggrin:
Not really - I couldn't complete the donation :frown: The blood stopped flowing :hmpf:

sir_inferno
sephrenia: double kudos :eek: giving blood, and then doing a concert afterwards lol

fletch: haha, clearly

anyway...heard the diploma means you can put letters after your names? finally, the grades will be useful for something...spite and boasting, huzzah! (well, considering i've done half the pieces on their recommended list anyway, i might actually do it lol)
thanks..my arm was killing me afterwards! It had swollen up loads!
I'm now cleaning my CMel, such a long job... :frown:

By the way, if anyone wants a saxophone in C (no transposing!), then take a look at http://www.cmelodysax.co.uk/aquilasax.htm :smile:
Well it's higher than I got :wink: (126)
well i've tried my hand at many instruments and i have a veriaty of grades on different instruments under my belt!

ranging from grade 1 trumpet to grade 8 recorder (yes i was a recorder freak and have pretty much accumulated the whole family of them)

most recently i've achieved grade 6 Bassoon, but have lower grades on flute, clarient and saxophone... it took me a long time to find an instrument i liked.

now i've moved more into the realms of the technical side of music and have been a studio technician trainee for a while now.
daniel_williams
ranging from grade 1 trumpet to grade 8 recorder (yes i was a recorder freak and have pretty much accumulated the whole family of them)

:eek:

That's so cool! Do you have a great bass, contrabass, great subcontra hyper low really big bass? Sorry got carried away :smile:

My grandfather has a bass, but I've ever played any lower. I want to though.
Oh, and Garklein? :rolleyes:
Reply 1554
I've got Bass up to sopranino but not the teeny, tiny Garklein.
I want one.

Actually i've just bought a C Clarinet, so that takes priority.
Reply 1556
Garklein?! I've never heard of one of those! But then after about year 7 I didn't really play recorder; I did play treble though!

I play flute, piano and guitar and have just got bak from a tour of italy with loadsa other musicians where we played for the locals... we were pretty *****e but it was a great holiday!

can I join too?

also, (I realise this was ages ago), but I went to Italy with my Orchestra too! So many of the youth orchestras around the country end up going to the same places, even the same hotels! So, who else has been to... Krakow, Tuscany, Barcelona, or Strasbourg, with their orchestra / wind band / other?
I've been to Garda (x2), the Moselle and Barcelona with mine, and before I joined they went to Prague.
I've been to loads of places in europe with loads of different groups both at school and uni. The best however has to be the regional youth jazz orchestra trip to malaysia - wicked!
hulluu again! Long time no see! How be ye all keeping?

Quick Reply

Latest