Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

The g#s are probably musica ficta i.e. improvised by the singer and not originally notated. Of course this has probably been changed many times in the last 450 years or so.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting... in my head I have a version in the harmonic minor, one in the dorian and one in the aeolian

ReputationRep:
    :oops:
    My graphic didn't show up - I'll attach it.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Greensleeves.doc (87.0 KB, 65 views)

ReputationRep:
    Played my Clarinet for the first time in months, I was actually quite pleased that my lip didn't get torn to shreds after half an hour.

I played some Bb and some C, playing the Schuman Fantasiestuke I and III. The latter I played for my grade 8, and while most of the notes were there I had evidently forgotten the nuances of breathing. that's one of those pieces where you asphyxiate if you breathe in the wrong place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Played my Clarinet for the first time in months, I was actually quite pleased that my lip didn't get torn to shreds after half an hour.
    Congratulations
    Which reminds me I need to practice my key board...Since Im such a lowly grade 5

ReputationRep:
    The following errors arose while processing your join requests:

Hooriya Qazal: User has too many society memberships

Requests from these users have been deleted, any other requests have been processed successfully.

Hooriya Qazal, if you'd like to join, unfortunately you must leave another of your societies >_>

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be able to provide help at my thread please?

ReputationRep:
    got my keyboard today its the yamaha psr e403 ;yes; cant wait to learn how to play it #excited#

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    got my keyboard today its the yamaha psr e403 ;yes; cant wait to learn how to play it #excited#
    lol nice I've still got my retro keyboard its only got 5 octaves and stickers all over it but I love it! but it does have some really odd backing beats...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue bubbles)
    lol nice I've still got my retro keyboard its only got 5 octaves and stickers all over it but I love it! but it does have some really odd backing beats...
    cool! although ive no idea what youre on about trying teach it myself, have to go through all that theory stuff

ReputationRep:
    Old keyboards have some crazy sounds. My middle C broke a while ago then magically fixed itself, which is nice!

ReputationRep:
    cool! although ive no idea what youre on about trying teach it myself, have to go through all that theory stuff

Its quite the same as a Piano I find I'm doing my grade 5 in the keyboard and the only major difference I found is the length of pieces and the chords difference. But wow your keyboard looks rather awesome on google

ReputationRep:
    Still got my old keyboard Pretty dreadful by todays standards, but still serviceable.

ReputationRep:
    my keyboard doesnt have flat keys, its seems to go up and down slighty between them, is this meant to happen?

ReputationRep:
    Er, what?

ReputationRep:
    i meant some keys are slightly higher or lower (as in height) than average :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah right :p:

No, that isn't normal. Do any make a clatter as you press them? If it's a normal keyboard i would be tempted to take it to bits, but if it's not bothering you then I wouldn't :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well they sound fine the height difference is prob 1 or 2mm at most, i think im just being a little anal cos i only just recently got it

ReputationRep:
    well they sound fine the height difference is prob 1 or 2mm at most, i think im just being a little anal cos i only just recently got it
    1mm? I wouldn't worry then. I just checked my keyboard and I've got more or less the same thing

ReputationRep:
    yeah , thanks

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.