Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    By the same token weren't the problems at Nagorno Karabakh caused by the settlement of one racial group that was mainly muslim in another area which was predominantly christian, a settlement forced by Stalin. I can read up if you wish.
    Stalin didn't resettle them. He merely changed the borders of the two republics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    Haven't you noticed that basically everything bad that happens in the world is down to religion? Make you wonder why bother being religious?
    I didn't know religion caused AIDS, cystic fibrosis, river blindness, malaria or multiple sclerosis to name a few rather bad things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    I didn't know religion caused AIDS, cystic fibrosis, river blindness, malaria or multiple sclerosis to name a few rather bad things.
    Well, everyone knows that the last Pope spread aids with his condemnation of casual sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Well, everyone knows that the last Pope spread aids with his condemnation of casual sex.
    You mean his condemnation of condom use? Makes you sick doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    We had a debate about this a while ago and it was voted by many in favour that religion in essence is all about peace however it is used as an excuse by certain people to justify their action. Even if there was no religion in the world people would still find some other justification to make war, attacks etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    I liked a comment from a comedian whom I watched yesterday...He said how come someone who doesnt have sex tells people who have sex on how to have sex.

And most importantly surely the least natural thing you could do is not to have sex in the first place..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    Yeah, just trying to get my head around the logic makes me sick. If these "Catholics" listened to Papal hygiene advice, surely they would follow the very important bit that involves God sending all those who live the swinger lifestyle - that made HIV an epidemic - straight to Lucifer's burning home in the abyss, right?

(Original post by JonD)
    It's casual sex that causes aids - it makes sense to eradicate the cause and promote monogomous sexual relationships.

It is amusing that people blame one person for the results of sexual immorality rather than blame those who indulge in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    It's casual sex that causes aids - it makes sense to eradicate the cause and promote monogomous sexual relationships.

It is amusing that people blame one person for the results of sexual immorality rather than blame those who indulge in it!
    Blaming them won't help. Neither will it stop them, or the spread of HIV that goes with it.

Promoting condom use will stop an unavoidable evil from being made into something not only immoral but deadly. Are you saying that you support his condemnation of condoms?

(Original post by SB)
    Blaming them won't help. Neither will it stop them, or the spread of HIV that goes with it.

Promoting condom use will stop an unavoidable evil from being made into something not only immoral but deadly. Are you saying that you support his condemnation of condoms?
    But promoting morality has helped! It has helped reduce the incidence of aids from affecting 29% of the population to 8% in just a few years. In those areas where this promotion has not happened, and the use of condoms is propogated, the incidence of infection has not decreased by comparable levels.

Are you saying you support the encouragement of sexual promiscuity leading to aids infection?

ReputationRep:
    Wars are down to conflicts of interest between groups evolving into group conflicts. Somewhere Bizzy made the important point (altho' about civil wars) that the masses are often persuaded to see these conflicts of interest as group conflicts by exploitative 'elites'.

The Islamist preachers are more direct, but I'm certain that Blair and Bush too, take advantage of the clash of Islam and the West. Watch.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and the clash between Islam and Western Civ is inevitable by the way. Even Sikhism which was founded largely to bring together warring Muslims and Hindus clashes with both today. Tried to explain why here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    But promoting morality has helped! It has helped reduce the incidence of aids from affecting 29% of the population to 8% in just a few years. In those areas where this promotion has not happened, and the use of condoms is propogated, the incidence of infection has not decreased by comparable levels.

Are you saying you support the encouragement of sexual promiscuity leading to aids infection?
    Firstly, you are infected with HIV, AIDS is the symptomatic stage of the disease.

I'm not saying the promotion of morality won't make a difference. But laying the blame on people doesn't - it just causes more misunderstanding and resentment. And if, at the same time, you are condemning condom use it negates the good work that you're trying to do.

I am not encouraging promiscuity. Don't twist my words. What I AM saying is that it does happen, and will continue to as long as humans are humans. By saying 'don't have casual sex' and failing to follow that with an 'if' clause (i.e. but if you do use condoms) you are ignoring a vital method of reducing the spread of HIV.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you noticed that basically everything bad that happens in the world is down to religion? Make you wonder why bother being religious?
    It's a difference of cultures as well as religon. Just general differances in the way people live that causes conflict, people just tend to define themselves with their relligon and their beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    It says on the news, the bombers were MUSLIM :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Do you want a Blue Peter badge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Do you want a Blue Peter badge?

Remind me to rep you tomorrow night

ReputationRep:
    so...?

ReputationRep:
    The bombers were also men. Does this mean all wars are caused by men? Oh, wait.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    The bombers were also men. Does this mean all wars are caused by men? Oh, wait.....
    When that school was taken hostage it was women but I see your point.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.