Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    When that school was taken hostage it was women but I see your point.
    My point was that the fact that the bombers were Muslim is just one of several motivating factors, and that Muslims do not all commit terrorist acts, nor are all terrorist acts commited my Muslims or are even religiously motivated. I tried to think of something else they had in common and came up with "that they are all men". Then I typed that out and realised what I'd written. Sometimes my own stupidity amazes me....

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Prad]Wars are fought over strong beliefs. Religious people have strong beliefs over religion, hence religion will cause war.[QUOTE]

I agree with this. You could argue that any strong belief had the potential to lead to war, including religion. An example could be nationalism, it could quite easily lead to conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)

Remind me to rep you tomorrow night
    You're giving him rep for sarcasm (done poorly may I add) piss-taking, disresepct and adding nothing of interest to the conversation.

Oh right i see why now....no I don't :confused:

You give rep when someone has done something good, not just insulted another member's views. No wonder TSR is going downhill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    No wonder TSR is going downhill.
    No one's keeping you.

ReputationRep:
    You're giving him rep for sarcasm (done poorly may I add) piss-taking, disresepct and adding nothing of interest to the conversation.

You give rep when someone has done something good, not just insulted another member's views. No wonder TSR is going downhill.
    TSR going downhill? You haven't even been registered for one month! I've just come back after being away since September and its thriving. Yeah some of the regulars I knew have gone, and I hate the sub-sub-sub-forum culture, but in terms of posting quality I'm inclined to say TSR has never been better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    No one's keeping you.
    oops looks like I rose to the bait.....

ReputationRep:

He made me laugh. Zaf always does. And you've only made 166 posts... hardly enough to make a judgement on the state of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Religion is merely one catalyst in a pool of many others. You cannot attempt to pin religious undetones to all wars/diseases and General 'bad things..'
    So the Bombers were muslims, Maybe they were all Virgos too but I know we wont go blaming star signs now.

Heres an interesting website on Religious Terrorism, Just for you.

No doubt several wars have been due to cultural clashes through the dividing of religion but not all have, and so Religion is not some force making people commit violence. First and foremost that would be the people themselves.

ReputationRep:
    He made me laugh. Zaf always does
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:

A poor and stupid post deserves a poor and stupid response. :rolleyes:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.