The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mik1w
a lifetime degree in the art of having sex at the university of rome,

Thats so funny :hahaha: . Way would you need that :rolleyes: . Me I don't care but I might do a bit a traveling and doing parts of my course in different countrys. That would be cool.
what i have at the moment.. i chose my subjects because i like them and believe they will help me in the future. However, in addition, I would to get a degree in english lit (will be doing this soon) , french, history.
Christian87
Your ”dream” education ?

Let’s assume that you were a royalty and that you accordingly had unlimited admission and funding possibilities.

In addition, you wouldn’t have to use your degree (earning money, get a job, etc.).

Which education would you take?

Personally, I would choose the following degrees:

B.A. Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Oxford.
M.A. Political Science, University of Aarhus.
Ph.D. Philosophy, Princeton University.

+ visiting student at LSE, Sorbonne, and other famous schools :biggrin:

BA Jurisprudence, University of Oxford.
Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Oxford.
LLM Intellectual Property Law, University of London.
Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court (London) and registered with Gray's Inn.
Something in advanced constitutional law at somewhere ancient.
Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic Studies, University of Cambridge.
MSc/Diploma in Applied Meteorology, University of Reading.
UEFA coaching qualifications and probably a sporting degree to go with it.

I would love to learn to fly some jet fighters like the MiG-31, Eurofighter, F14A Tomcat etc without having to go into the armed forces.
Reply 23
My ideal education has almost no relation to the various courses at various universities actually because I know one can learn pretty much whatever one wants these days without attending any university at all. My definition of education would be pretty broad in the sense that I think education isn't and shouldn't be limited in the classrooms and lecture theatres. I think personal cultivation and development is sorely lacking in formal education so my ideal education is one which includes life-long moral and philosophical education (particularly one in the tradition of Confucian philosophy which grooms morally upright and socially conscious scholars or 'jun zi') and a broad-based multidisciplinary curriculum.
Reply 24
Christian87
Your ”dream” education ?

Let’s assume that you were a royalty and that you accordingly had unlimited admission and funding possibilities.

In addition, you wouldn’t have to use your degree (earning money, get a job, etc.).

MComp Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, University of Sheffield
PhD Informatics, University of Manchester
EngD

I really want to do a PhD Informatics in Manchester, if I do good in my BSc or MComp degree. However, the problem is funding.
Reply 25
Christian87
Your ”dream” education ?

Well I'm already at Cambridge.

BA -- Cambridge (Classics, although I may take part II philosophy, so philosophy and Classics)
B.Phil. -- Oxford
either D.Phil. -- Oxford, or Ph.D. at Harvard, Stanford, or Princeton.

Although I may interlard that with an additional Master's degree, or some time at somewhere like the Ecole Normale Supérieure. Then after that a Research Fellowship, some time as an assistant professor in America, then a lectureship and, ultimately, a professorship at Oxford.
Reply 26
(1) An MMath/Msci degree at Warwick, with a 1st.
(2) Certificate of advanced mathematics (Tripos III) at Cambridge.
(3) A phd at any one of Oxford, Cambridge, ICL, UCL, Warwick or Bristol.
That's all wishful thinking though :smile:
Reply 27
BA maths with comp sci at trinity college cambridge
MA mathematics/computing at MIT
Probably MA English at Cambridge funded by my future employers...the BBC...sighs...
Reply 29
BA Maths at St. John's Cambridge

maybe do Part III

If so, PhD Maths, still in Cambridge

If not, do post-grad acting at RADA
Reply 30
I like the Uni I'm at! :smile: I have loads of friends, the lecturers are nice and I've got all the options I want for next year! Why would I want to go somewhere else? :biggrin:
trev
MComp Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, University of Sheffield
PhD Informatics, University of Manchester
EngD

what is a degree in artifical intelligence? What do you learn about? Is it like pyschology? Do you need science subjects or arts subjects to study it? What do people go on to do after it?

sorry, i'm sure you regret ever typing that after I bombarded you with all those questions :redface:
Reply 32
hmm.

Happy with what i've got at the moment (doing BSc Comp Sci at warwick).

Am looking into doing an MSc in Bristol too, so same applies there. Although MIT would be nice. Hmm.
Reply 33
Lauren
The one I have! A four year MPhys course at Cambridge with the option of a year at MIT. I'd probably like to do my PhD at Cambridge as well, I doubt I'll get bored of it :smile:

you get the opportunity to go to MIT :eek: why didn't i choose cambridge?!
Reply 34
Japanese & Politics at the SOAS, I didn't realise how much the accomodation was until very recently :s-smilie: oh the evils of money
Reply 35
isabella19
what is a degree in artifical intelligence? What do you learn about? Is it like pyschology? Do you need science subjects or arts subjects to study it? What do people go on to do after it?

sorry, i'm sure you regret ever typing that after I bombarded you with all those questions :redface:

Nah, I don't regret typing that.

A degree in AI involves the interface between computer science, psychology, philosophy, linguistics and mathematics.

I'm not sure about the jobs for AI though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence
I'd study in the US at a prestigious uni if I had unlimited funds and/or a good one in London. Oh, and I'd have liked to go to boarding school for sixth form.
Christian87
Your ”dream” education ?

I would love to study at a world famous art sochool..
i have it sort of planned (but not that far ahead)

* gnvq art and design (poole college 1yr)
* Then off to Bournemouth and poole art insitute (2 yrs)
* then who knows :rolleyes:
MB/BChir at Cambridge
M.A. Mathematics and M.A. Natural Sciences at Cambridge
Ph.D Physics at Cambridge
Further Study at M.I.T.

this is a dream, isn't it?

I would also love to study VetMed and Dentistry.

(Ph.D Pizza Making too. :cool: )
Reply 39
To have a PhD in web usability to become a lecture in GUIs and Accessability,

Latest

Trending

Trending