Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any form of course on the following:

Art History
    Film studies
    Automotive engineering &
    Egyptology.

(Obviously I'm more into the subject matter than the institution, hopefully even the worst educational establishment will stimulate my brain an ickle bit).

ReputationRep:
    Already there.

ReputationRep:
    Everything I have had and what Im set up for. Ha Edinburgh Uni is 6 days time. Bring it!!!

ReputationRep:
    If I were capable of it because it's the "smartest" major out there: Physics.

If I were appealing to my talents: Music

If I were being realistic: None of the above

ReputationRep:
    English at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    English at Cambridge.
    You seem intelligent enough. Go for graduate school.

Although, I'd prefer Oxford over Cambridge myself.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford doesn't have the Cambridge Footlights, for reasons that are probably self-evident; so, no.

I am, and forever shall remain, an exhibitionist at heart.

ReputationRep:
    Chemical Engineering at <name of a prestigous English/American university>

ReputationRep:
    I'd do English at New, Oxford but learn loads of languages on the side. Then probably Cambridge (Trinity, Gonville), a year at ENS and a PhD at Yale, Stanford, Cornell.

ReputationRep:
    Small buddhist monk teaching me to wax cars and scrub fences.
    Learn to sail
    Learn to fly planes
    Learn to ride motorbike.
    Become travelling chef and gardener travelling around Asia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anycon)
    I'd do English at New, Oxford but learn loads of languages on the side. Then probably Cambridge (Trinity, Gonville), a year at ENS and a PhD at Yale, Stanford, Cornell.
    Cornell sux.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Cornell sux.
    Cornell does NOT suck. Might not be as kickass as the rest of the Ivy League, but it doesn't by any means, suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonzievision)
    Cornell does NOT suck. Might not be as kickass as the rest of the Ivy League, but it doesn't by any means, suck.
    It's over-rated. The Ivy League was started as a sports alliance, nothing to do with academics.

In all honesty, what departments of Cornell are highly ranked or prestigious? I can think of non-Ivies like U Chicago with better departments and academics.

I think it's unfair how the term Ivy League directly portrays some kind of academic superiority (especially abroad where people don't know as much about American institutions) because there are many universities in America like U Chicago or Northwestern that provide equal if not superior education.

ReputationRep:
    It's over-rated. The Ivy Leage was started as a sports alliance, nothing to do with academics.

In all honesty, what departments of Cornell are highly ranked or prestigious? I can think of non-Ivies like U Chicago with better departments and academics.
    Yes, it's overrated but it still doesn't suck. Then again, I'd go to Swarthmore, Amherst or Williams over any ivy league any day..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's overrated but it still doesn't suck. Then again, I'd go to Swarthmore, Amherst or Williams over any ivy league any day..
    Yep. Swarthmore is excellent, yet the name doesn't depict prestige...a load of *******s.To be honest I hadn't heard of it until last year.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Swarthmore is excellent, yet the name doesn't depict prestige...a load of *******s.To be honest I hadn't heard of it until last year.
    I almost went to one of them instead of staying in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I almost went to one of them instead of staying in the UK.
    Why did you stay in the UK? It probably would have been about the same amount of money for you given the exchange rate and how expensive education is in America.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you stay in the UK? It probably would have been about the same amount of money for you given the exchange rate and how expensive education is in America.
    Nothing to do with the money. I like it here. Am moving to the US as soon as I'm done with my course though.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with the money. I like it here. Am moving to the US as soon as I'm done with my course though.
    Antithesis to me then. I'm moving to Europe as soon as I finish graduate school (which is in 6 years or so).

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to have experienced going to a boarding school for some reason.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.