Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    I'd answered that post already!
    I skimmed too quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by HistoryStudent
    [I]What about all the native British cheeses and sausages? There's a huge amount of different kinds!
    Also. what about all these? Here's a list;

*Clotted cream*
    Scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream = heaven :p: :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    Peppermint creams
    Butterscotch
    Chocolate cream truffles
    Clotted cream fudge
    Coronation chicken (‘This famous salad was invented by Constance Spry and served at the Queen's Coronation lunch in 1953.’)
    Sausage rolls

From ‘British Recipes by Helen Watson’ http://www.britannia.com/cooking/recipes/

Apparently these are all British too Sorry if they've already been mentioned.
    I think most British food is good but I do also like Indian, Mexican and some Chinese and Italian Actually, I just like food. :p:

Oooh, what about Irish Coffee -- does that count? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splatblob)
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
    Oooh, what about Irish Coffee -- does that count? :confused:

Well it's neither food nor British, so probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    It is edible though -- but presumably would depend on whereabouts in Ireland it originated as to whether it's British :confused: Obviously the coffee part isn't.

Edit: Just found out it originated in Shannon Airport

ReputationRep:
    Jellied eels. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Eccles cakes and chorley cakes... yum yum

ReputationRep:
    Nothing's wrong with it, it's just generally quite boring compared to food from some other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svidrigailov)
    Well it's neither food nor British, so probably not.
    Okay the thread title said food but in my post I did mention cuisine which would then include drink too, since cider has been mentioned now.

Is the jacket potato British or Irish? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, where to start...

When we were in England on vacation the first time, we would stuff ourselves with toast for breakfast 'cos we never found anything edible for lunch/dinner. Best thing we could find was McDonalds. :rolleyes:

Even breakfast had its 'flaws'. I like toast and cereal, but COOKED breakfast? Who can eat beans/sausages/hot tomatoes in the morning? :confused: And the jam they brought for the toast was mainly orange... *shudders* Everyone tried to get to the strawberry jam first.

I'm really not a fan of fish and chips, either. Especially not the chips. It's like the potatoes have been cooked and then baked before frying. And why do they ask if you want vinnegar on them? :confused: That's for salads only surely!? Salt and ketchup or mayonaise on a load of fries is the way to go!

Also, chocolate is quite different. I had a Cadbury cream Egg once and that was delicious, but if you buy normal chocolate it tastes... well, different. Less sweet, maybe.

*tummy growls*

One thing I noticed is that there are berries in everything. Like blueberry muffins, raspberry cakes... Now that is something I encourage - it's not all bad!

ReputationRep:
    not too keen on british food...love bangers and mash though.

the best food ive ever come across is tirolian foof from west Austria its bloody fantastic pancake soup, tonnes of great meats, amazing desserts.....oh and u cant forget milka chocolate (from germany/austria kinda area)

ReputationRep:
    British food is fine if people bothered to look at a longer range of stuff instead of a few dishes they don't like. Bit like holidays really - too much fuss on Spain etc when elsewhere is just as good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    oh and u cant forget milka chocolate (from germany/austria kinda area)
    The purple cows rule!! :cool:

(Not that I've had any in aaages... )

EDIT: and I do NOT mean purple cows :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernHippie)
    The purple cows rule!! :cool:

(Not that I've had any in aaages... )

EDIT: and I do NOT mean purple cows :rolleyes:
    yay im getting sum milka soon when my rents get back from austria

oh and mentos too their scrummy! lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.