Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok you dirty Brits, prove us how bad dental hygiene is in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    Sweden rox, floss floss floss

ReputationRep:
    i floss approximately 14 times a year

ReputationRep:
    I don't floss, but I brush my teeth 3 times a day, is that OK?

ReputationRep:
    I brush twice a day and use mouthwash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    I brush twice a day and use mouthwash.
    No flossing?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    No, I use super mouthwash so I don't need to floss :p:

ReputationRep:
    I brush my teeth once a day when I get out of bed. If I'm going out like drinking or for a meal in the evening then they'll be lucky enough to get another brush!

Otherwise, just once a day, and no floss! But that one brush lasts quite a while, and my teeth are (and I quote my dentists) "perfect, I wish everyone had teeth like yours then my job would be so much easier" - the most I've ever had done to them is had a quick polish with that funny little machine thingy that tastes nice

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not from the UK, just a heads up to whoever asked this question to the Brits.

I personally HATE flossing, it's not exactly the most fun thing in the world to do, but I always do it because it would be gross to have old food particles stuck between my teeth.. bleh!!! :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    I'm not from the UK, just a heads up to whoever asked this question to the Brits.

I personally HATE flossing, it's not exactly the most fun thing in the world to do, but I always do it because it would be gross to have old food particles stuck between my teeth.. bleh!!! :puke:
    It's not so much the stuff that's stuck between the teeth than the plaque that's stuck under the gum... :puke:

I actually became a bit more obsessive about flossing after being in North America. My Canadian housemate didn't have any floss and was starting to stress out so I told her "Don't worry. Not flossing from time to time doesn't matter". At the time, I would only do it maybe once a week if there was some floss around. Then she replied "I'm not taking any advice about dental hygiene from a British person" :eek: It made me realise she had a point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    It's not so much the stuff that's stuck between the teeth than the plaque that's stuck under the gum... :puke:

I actually became a bit more obsessive about flossing after being in North America. My Canadian housemate didn't have any floss and was starting to stress out so I told her "Don't worry. Not flossing from time to time doesn't matter". At the time, I would only do it maybe once a week if there was some floss around. Then she replied "I'm not taking any advice about dental hygiene from a British person" :eek: It made me realise she had a point...
    LOL One of my cousins had that same opinion about how flossing everyday isn't really important, because you can look in the mirror and not see anything between your teeth.. then one day she went to the dentist and they have these "high-tech flat screen monitors things" there now where they can show the patient movies about hygiene and stuff and it grossed her out so much.. I don't think she's gone a day without flossing since :rofl: <-- *edit* I just noticed that smiley has nice clean teeth... but does he floss!!?!!? :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.