Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone got their debut album "young for eternity" I've haven't stopped listening to it, Some excellent songs on it like "want to hear what you have got to say" and "at 1am"

I saw them at glastonbury in a small tent after their slot on the pyramid stage was cancelled. became one of my unexpected highlights of the festival imho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    anyone got their debut album "young for eternity" I've haven't stopped listening to it, Some excellent songs on it like "want to hear what you have got to say" and "at 1am"

I saw them at glastonbury in a small tent after their slot on the pyramid stage was cancelled. became one of my unexpected highlights of the festival imho
    *launches limewire*

ReputationRep:
    got it off napster last week, TBH, i've only listened to it once, but I haven't felt the urge to listen to it again since...will give it another go sometime soon I guess, but on first listen, it's a bit meh...

ReputationRep:
    You're obsessed man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    You're obsessed man!
    look...well, not quite but its very catchy music. Not masterpieces of course but one of those albums i can just leave on and listen to every track, a rareity given my attention span

and the bass player...well...yum

ReputationRep:
    Its music for people who dont like music.

ReputationRep:
    best song rock and roll queen - '....you are the sun, you are the only one.............be my , be my little rock and roll queen........'

The Subways were pretty good live; very energetic. A lot of their songs sound the same though, and they all end in the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked "Oh yeah" but the 2nd single was a bit rubbish IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah is classic rock n roll. Nothing innovative, nothing exceptional, but they do what they do perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    They went from my favourite band where I listened to their songs all the time and going to see them play whenever I could (5 times now ) to becoming a band which I really couldn't care less for.

They had so so much potential, a raw and catchy sound, a gorgeous bass player, great live....

I just think they kind of rushed things too much and the album is way way over produced, they've lost their raw sound and just generally aren't as good as i first thought.

But meh, favourite song is 'I wanna hear what you've gotta say' first song I ever heard by them, I still love that.

ReputationRep:
    i bought the album as soon as it came out, which is not what i usually do, and you just reminded me that i should be listening to it now !

not keen on rock and roll queen though- cheesy

ReputationRep:
    I saw them supporting Weezer a few weeks ago and thought they were absolutely awful. The bass player seemed to be jumping about all over the place just for the sake of it and the songs were bland beyond words.

ReputationRep:
    nice to know you live up to your name :P

ReputationRep:
    i didn't like them untill i saw then live. even though it was as a support band they were great.

i bought the album last week and i've been listening to it on my hols.
    its ace, quite alot like ash, but they're one of the better bands from the current stream of popular indie ish bands around at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved "Oh Yeah"; fantastic song, really is. Just the beats in that, you have to get up and have a right bop! Great rock'n'roll track. Fantastic stuff; "Oh Yeah" got me through my exams! "Rock and Roll Queen"..hmmm...I'm not going to lie, I've only listened to it about three times, so can't really remember how good/bad it is. But there is a point to why I've only listened to it three times...it's not very good. Or rather, nowhere near as good as "Oh Yeah", which as I say, was fab. I may give it another go. To be honest, I'll probably go and download a few of The Subways' tracks now, but I wouldn't buy the album, not yet, without knowing that they've got content which compares with the formidable, "Oh Yeah".

They have potential though. And seem like nice people.

ReputationRep:
    quite alot like ash
    Ash are really good, in my opinion. Consistent as well, I thought "Meltdown" was a great album; it matched up to Ash classics such as; "Burn Baby Burn", "Shining Light" etc.

ReputationRep:
    The Subways would be much better without the bassist....everytime I hear her voice I want to die..... her playing isn't much better either.... She probably said to her boyf "I'll only go out with you if you let me be in your band" and he was like "oh, but you're crap at bass....nevermind, the sex is good...." :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    The Subways would be much better without the bassist....everytime I hear her voice I want to die..... her playing isn't much better either.... She probably said to her boyf "I'll only go out with you if you let me be in your band" and he was like "oh, but you're crap at bass....nevermind, the sex is good...." :p:
    It must be really good for him to keep her. She probably was a groupie ..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.