Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Has anyone else picked, for their A-Levels, Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics?

This arguably has to be the hardest combination of A-Level subjects out there, am I right?

Also i've heard alot about 3 maths A-levels and even 4 maths A-levels!!!
    Anyone doing that?

Who else considers thier options to be the hardest combination around?

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my A-levels - but hell yes you have chosen a tough set!

I think Maths (of any kind, Further, Applied...whatever), Physics, Chemistry and Modern Languages are the hardest A-levels, followed by English Literature/History.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i heard biology is one of the easiest A levels its just alot of work
    the other A levels are difficult especially maths and chemistry..... not sure about physics cos i never did that A level either.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Italian and chem were all quite hard, so I didn't exactly choose wisely.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is nasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    to be honest i heard biology is one of the easiest A levels its just alot of work
    the other A levels are difficult especially maths and chemistry..... not sure about physics cos i never did that A level either.
    Biology was the hardest subject i took at A-level (i took biology, chemistry, and english lit/lang). Too much theory and a crappy exam board made it very hard to endure.

ReputationRep:
    i did computing. big mistake. its incredibly hard, possibly the hardest subject to get an A in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    Biology was the hardest subject i took at A-level (i took biology, chemistry, and english lit/lang). Too much theory and a crappy exam board made it very hard to endure.
    :dito: Biology is NOT easy, although once you get the basic concepts that makes it a little better.

Put it this way - months of really hard work = C in Biology
    - no work whatsoever = C in Geograpy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    - no work whatsoever = C in Geograpy :rolleyes:
    hehe, sounds like my relationship with english lit/lang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Chemistry is nasty
    definitely!!

im not sure i never took it but thats what i heard
    its prob different for different people
    plus i think it depend what examination board you used.

(Original post by Sam_B)
    i did computing. big mistake. its incredibly hard, possibly the hardest subject to get an A in.
    serious? what board did u do it with?
    we have a crap comp teacher and i got an D without doing any studying whatsoever. jus going to class... my sister got a B with not much studying...
    we did edexcel

ReputationRep:
    hehe, sounds like my relationship with english lit/lang
    :rofl: shame it couldn't be the same for biology, the subject I absolutely love, and the stupid thing is I could have got an A in geog if I'd worked for it

ReputationRep:
    Obviously A-level difficulty is subjective - if you're really good at maths then Maths and Further Maths A-levels won't seem that difficult

(Original post by LH)
    Obviously A-level difficulty is subjective - if you're really good at maths then Maths and Further Maths A-levels won't seem that difficult
    Maths is easy.

(No, really.)

ReputationRep:
    I hated chemistry! I'm so glad those two years are finally over

ReputationRep:
    Ironically, the Maths and sciences have been taught to us ever since a young age, and yet some people consider it the hardest subjects at A level :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree maths is easy lol

so far anyway... completed C1 although has to be said just higher GCSE questions plus a few new easy formulas...

but i hope to sit C2, S1, M1 in January so workload may be a bit unbalanced between my subjects alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Maths is easy.

(No, really.)
    well not for me...

ReputationRep:
    if you want to see which are the harder A-Levels, look at the least popular subjects. they're usually so unpopular, because to get a good grade in them requires a huge amount of work, and intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I agree maths (at least AS Level) is pretty easy, but I don't think bio could be called that, since the amount of work you have to put in is a lot to understand all the concepts.
    History and English are both quite hard, unless you have a natural talent for 'Art type' subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can really say what the hardest A-levels are because a) no-one has studied every single A-level that exists, and b) even if they had, it would still be subjective because different people are good at different things. Personally I find the arts easy and the sciences hard (hence my subject choices :p: ) but that doesn't mean sciences are harder than arts, it just means my talents lie within the arts.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.