Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Brighton for my 18th on Thursday and staying till Saturday (woohoo). I've never been there before and wondered if any of the wise and worldly TSRians could recommend the best club nights on thursdays and fridays?? I'm slightly panicking because it seems that there's a vast amount of hard house/trance etc music, which I hate. Could anyone point me in the direction of more commercial stuff, possibly a bit of cheese? lol. Oh, and a young crowd & cheap drinks would be good!

Thanks people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louinwonderland)
    I'm going to Brighton for my 18th on Thursday and staying till Saturday (woohoo). I've never been there before and wondered if any of the wise and worldly TSRians could recommend the best club nights on thursdays and fridays?? I'm slightly panicking because it seems that there's a vast amount of hard house/trance etc music, which I hate. Could anyone point me in the direction of more commercial stuff, possibly a bit of cheese? lol. Oh, and a young crowd & cheap drinks would be good!

Thanks people!
    there is a good club that do a nugget night on i think a thurs just opposite the peir but i would pm bohogirlie shes a brightoner or eru

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    there is a good club that do a nugget night on i think a thurs just opposite the peir but i would pm bohogirlie shes a brightoner or eru
    Ah thanks, I will PM them!

ReputationRep:
    I am a Brightonion (Brighton Rocks!!!!! lol)! If it's cheese your looking for, I know that The Event II club at the bottom of West Street does cheese on a Friday night! I have been there many times. Everyone is around the ages of 18 - 22. Cheap drinks if u get there before 11, and also free admission before 11 too. So not too bad (especially for expensive Brighton). It's only a suggestion, hope this is of some help !!!

Hope you have a wicked time, Brighton is such a wonderful place, even if I do say so myself...! I had lunch outside today (in a restaurant called Al Fresco), on the decking right with the beach and sea below. The cooling sea breeze was nice for such a HOT day! Anyways.... I'll shhhh now! But have a cool time!

Byeee ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buxtonlewis)
    I am a Brightonion (Brighton Rocks!!!!! lol)! If it's cheese your looking for, I know that The Event II club at the bottom of West Street does cheese on a Friday night! I have been there many times. Everyone is around the ages of 18 - 22. Cheap drinks if u get there before 11, and also free admission before 11 too. So not too bad (especially for expensive Brighton). It's only a suggestion, hope this is of some help !!!

Hope you have a wicked time, Brighton is such a wonderful place, even if I do say so myself...! I had lunch outside today (in a restaurant called Al Fresco), on the decking right with the beach and sea below. The cooling sea breeze was nice for such a HOT day! Anyways.... I'll shhhh now! But have a cool time!

Byeee ;-)
    Ooo that sounds great - thanks a lot! I can't wait now!!!

ReputationRep:
    friday night = event night!. I thought it was free before 10:30 but they might have changed it. they play loads of stuff. to get there just follow the road ahead when you get out of the station right down to the bottom and its on your right just before the sea. lots of young people there and its quite a big place, although tbh the music is pretty lame! its a mixture of classics and new stuff, then going into trance at the end. but if you go anywhere it should be the event! I will probably be going there actually. a vodka and coke is £1.50 and a double is £3 all night I think..

as for thursday, honey club is a good bet. if you go past the event, cross the road and go down the steps to the beach and turn left before the pebbles its just 100 yards down there somewhere.

bring your nus because honey give you a discount (or they might not anymore I havent been for a while..)

ReputationRep:
    This helped me a lot when I went to Brighton

http://whatson.brighton.co.uk/Clubs.asp#RC

ReputationRep:
    hmm... they have club new york and the beach but not the event?! club new york is smaller than my bedroom and the beach is empty on friday! wtf

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again people - the event sounds like the place 2 be on a friday night, I'll definitely be heading there! Honeyclub looks good 4 a thurs - is it a student night?? I'm assuming Brighton's not going to be hard to navigate, maybe I should find a map before I go? It's gonna be soooooooooooo much fun!!

ReputationRep:
    i used to live in brighton up until afew months ago. def wud go honey club on a thursday. event is gud aswel. avoid creation i think it was called if its still there. Brighton Gloucester provides abit ov rock music on a friday aswel if i recall......

ReputationRep:
    APPARENTLY, Brighton is the gay capital of England.... so if you drop your wallet, i suggest you kick it out to the car park and pick it up then.

But moving on, I cant really help im afriad...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for all suggestions people, it looks like I'll be going to the honeyclub on thursday and the event on friday! Woohoo I can't wait! I'll let you know what I thought when I come back... maybe I'll even see a few of you there (not that we'll realise!)! Here's to a great few nights out... and hopefully some sunny weather so we can go to the beach! hehe.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.