Turn on thread page Beta

The Peter 5 Charitable Foundation watch

Hi there.

Over the months, the people of this forum have been good to me. Maybe they gave me rep I didn't deserve (feel free to take it back), or in some cases, even subbed me for long periods for little to no reason.

But you see, a strange fact hit me recently. Not everyone on TSR is a subscriber! I know, it shocked me too. You see, some people on here lack credit cards, cash, or time; the very instruments needed to buy one for themselves.

So: what do I propose?

The Peter 5 Charitable Foundation

On TSR, there may be a whole group of people that wouldn't mind subbing people- but who, for the love of God, who? At the same time, there may be many that want to be subbed, but just can't, for the reasons above. Thus, this charity seeks to match those with cash, with those that deserve it most.

By posting below, you can apply either to be a benefactor or charity case, lists of whom will be posted below if this idea ever gets off the ground. When a person applies to be a benefactor, the most deserving charidee case will then be found, and they will have subscription paid for, simply through being great.

It is also hoped that, in order to keep this going, those who benefit from free subs will later (when they have the means) sign up as benefactors, so that others may also benefit in the same way as they have. In memory of englishstudent paying for my first ever sub, I will naturally add myself to the list of wonderful and generous people.

Ladies and gentlemen, like Bill Gates, I'm going all generous in my old age. I hope more of you will join me, and give some of the nice people a home in the Back Room.

:tsr:

Benefactors (The Haves)

2 + 2 = 5
    deej2
    Scubar
    Bouncy
    BellaCat
    Vixen
    red_roadkill

Charity Cases (The Have-Nots)

Mr. Fox
    historyhoney
    kikzen
    glance
    Felicity
    darth_vader05
    TheColonel
    xBeLLax
    HearTheThunder
    !Laxy!
    F. Poste
    alro
    xXMessedUpXx
    izzy
    mankyscot2
    Ellie4
    zaf1986
    ramroff

ReputationRep:
    I shall pay for someone when I can.

Think of it like a private school's scholarship system. We want more good people subbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    I shall pay for someone when I can.
    Pay for me..

(Original post by Prad)
    Pay for me..
    You have cash, pay for some newbies!

ReputationRep:
    As I scrape the last drop of bitter gruel from my unwashed bowl, and gaze aimlessly, hopelessly out of my window, across the polluted, desolate ghetto of Godalming, Surrey, I feel empty inside. But this emptiness is not caused by hunger. No. It is caused by my status as a non-subscriber on TSR. Oh why God, why? Why do you punish me so?!

Sub me, and I will once again be completed, as a person.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a have not! How do I plead my case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    You have cash, pay for some newbies!
    Y'know, I check my main account today. Turns out that I don't have £620 in there.. I'm £620 into my overdraft.. :eek:

(Original post by historyhoney)
    I'm a have not! How do I plead my case?
    Just answer the question, "How great are you?"...

Can the benefactors pick who they sub?! :rolleyes:

(Original post by bouncy)
    Can the benefactors pick who they sub?! :rolleyes:
    Good question... I think yes. But give them all a fair hearing, and maybe even give it to someone you don't know.

Good question... I think yes. But give them all a fair hearing, and maybe even give it to someone you don't know.
    I perhaps may sub one or two people i like the look of :rolleyes:

I subbed Betty. But that was because I was drunk and she was offering sexual favours. :rolleyes:

(Original post by bouncy)
    I perhaps may sub one or two people i like the look of :rolleyes:
    It's hard already so far.

ReputationRep:
    Just answer the question, "How great are you?"...
    How great am I? Well, I would say out of the entire universal, not at all - there are people worse then me people who are better I am one in a trillion. Yet I struggle on through my everyday exsistance trying to do some good - hoping to make someone's day.

If people ask me to do something I am a complete sucker and will ALWAYS say yes, even if it hinders me - I get a kinda rush from helping people - yet this in itself does not make me great as I do it partly for myself (and partly in hope that one day someone will ask me why I do it and I will have the courage to say - because Jesus Died for YOU)

If I was great I would be a prodegy with buckets full of money and a car - yet I am not great whatsoever - thats why I cant pay for myself to be a sub - I'm just an ordinary girl who has a habit of watching bad girls!

(Original post by Raindance)
    I subbed Betty. But that was because I was drunk and she was offering sexual favours. :rolleyes:
    If you sub someone else, they may offer you even more.*

*Not a guarantee.

ReputationRep:
    this is werid....

its what now?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, are we supposed to be taking this that seriously?

"How Great Am I?" This is a question that's plagued philosophers for decades, centuries, even. You might think "Is it even possible to measure the exact greatness of TSR Member Mr. Fox?"

This is where the concept of infinity comes in. Ten million geniuses on ten million typewriters, working for the duration of infinity, could not produce a forum post as exciting, as greatness-displaying as Mr. Fox.

Whilst those geniuses would produce the entire works of Shakespeare an infinite number of times, they would never even come close to matching my sheer brilliance.

The End. Sub me, or else you shall be smote by God. Or something.

ReputationRep:
    Easy, Tiger.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.