Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i do prefer it without, but i do get worried about pregnancies, catch 22.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laces)
    Ok, but the way you said it was like '*gasp* and he was straight!'
    Yes, I accept that it is harder to contract aids through vaginal penetration, (only 1/300 chance or something) but remember that anal sex is far more common in hetrosexual relationships nowadays..
    That's why they ask you for your sexual habits (if you've done bucco-anal caresses or something like that :eek: ) and it's still rare to do that, especially with girls you're just hooking up one night with.

I'm not sure if it's a modern tendency. It's not as if heterosexual couples didn't do it in the past but I'd accept that probably more couples do than in the past. It depends on the country and the culture too...

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind them. as i see the obvious benefits in doing so!

of course, if i was in a relationship were having children was the aim, i'd not wear one as it puts a bit of a blocker on the endeavour!

imasillynarb...you seem to neglect talking about STDs. condoms are quite effective in helping prevent that sort of thing. of course if you've already been with a few girls without condoms, you probably already have at least 1.

ReputationRep:
    Condoms rock! You get sex and a free balloon afterwards .

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and something to throw at your partner if she hasn't left by the time you've come back from the toilet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Condoms rock! You get sex and a free balloon afterwards .
    they make exceptionally good water balloons.

i swear they hold litres if you are careful when filling...

ReputationRep:
    i heard that if you boil a condom, it becomes stretchy enough to fit over a phone box...

...either this is a lie or i didn't boil it correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    they make exceptionally good water balloons.

i swear they hold litres if you are careful when filling...
    ..... and you tried this why? :dontknow:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not sure if I can trust the pill to be honest. If the pill doesn't work you're stuck with a child basically.
    pill is more trust worthy than condom.
    Even if you use condom correctly its still a good percentage off the effectiveness of pill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    I know its essential to avoid pregnancy etc but its much better without :mad: Anyone else agree?
    They're not essential to prevent pregnancy if you are on the pill or another form of contraception, but they are essential to protect against STDs.

I prefer without - they tend to dry me out quicker (sorry, TMI! ) and it feels closer, somehow, without. But i have been with my boyfriend over 2 years, we know we are both STI-free, and i take my pill religiously!

When we do have to use them (if i am on antibiotics or whatever) it does feel really strange...but then it is extra nice when we can go bareback again!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh the pill is more effective against a baby, but the condom is the best against std's my cousin and his girl had only ever been with each other and they were together for 4yrs and because they were each others first they only did the pill as they saw no need for the condom, but when they broke up my cous started wearing condoms with other people and hates it with a vengenace lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle titch)
    B.f argues that at times too...so we came to a halfway agreement.

which is>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    ..... and you tried this why? :dontknow:
    i have too n cuz its fun!

ReputationRep:
    i have the implant fitted it means im basically sterile for three years though i use ondoms because i hate the mess afterwards and bfs can be rather insensitive just chucking a box of tissues at you and leaving the room to pee :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    If you're gonna have sex you should a) now the consequences and b) deal with them.
    here here! there are so many girls getting pregnant and **** like that. only have sex if you know what happens if you dont use protection, and if you get pregnant well its your falt, if you think your old enough to have sex your old enought to have a baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Oh, and something to throw at your partner if she hasn't left by the time you've come back from the toilet
    Legend.

I hate them, they're ****. Infinitely better without.

(Original post by trigger)
    i have the implant fitted it means im basically sterile for three years though i use ondoms because i hate the mess afterwards and bfs can be rather insensitive just chucking a box of tissues at you and leaving the room to pee :rolleyes:
    lovely image.

Do question a guy going to pee immediately after the act...
    Doesn't anyone else (guys) find thats a pretty impossible thing to do within 20 mins of sex..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    if you think your old enough to have sex your old enough to have a baby.
    That's the problem though, somthing like 300,000 girls a year think they are old enough to have sex but are not old enough to have a baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    lovely image.

Do question a guy going to pee immediately after the act...
    Doesn't anyone else (guys) find thats a pretty impossible thing to do within 20 mins of sex..?
    Nope, usually necessary 5 or so mins after. Although in my experience, she runs off to pee first, and throws the tissues at me!

(Original post by Zurich)
    That's the problem though, somthing like 300,000 girls a year think they are old enough to have sex but are not old enough to have a baby.
    replace 'old enough' with 'mature enough' methinks...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.