Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aww ~nat~ you're so sweet!

ReputationRep:
    follow your heart...

bahahaha
    its not a life or death situation

ReputationRep:
    After all this hype over the party.... Where exactly is it, sounds like its gonna be a laugh .

I wanna come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    follow your heart...

bahahaha
    No, but it is obviously important to her :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    follow your heart...

bahahaha
    lol i know that!!!
    i just want to do the right thing, thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    oh great, you've found me out.... and you are one of the fathers! :eek:
    Nice one! Child Benefit and Tax Support and all that stuff on the way to meeeee :p:

ReputationRep:
    if its going to make you feel uncomfortable, i wouldn't stay for the whhole thing, especially if everyone else is planning to drop out at the last minute. just pop in and say hi and all that

ReputationRep:
    JUST GO TO THE PARTYYYY

since when do people turn down go to parties... jus go, meet people, have fun... if its *****.. then it aint exactly end of the world... its what ur gonna do everyday at uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    well like you say it looks like you wanna go

make something up then if you dont wanna go.. something just came up! goshdarn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    well like you say it looks like you wanna go

make something up then if you dont wanna go.. something just came up! goshdarn!
    lol, goshdarn fiddlesticks!!

after a much-too-long worry over it, i think im gonna just go for a couple of hours at least, and see how it goes. At least i show my face, and it'll probably be better than i think...well, i hope it will be!

and dobbs - no doubt about it, the CSA are coming to get you!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's been said, probably has but here's what i'd do:

Say you have to be somewhere most of the evening but will drop in afterwards, then just turn up at an hour or two before it will end and you can always leave a bit early if you don't enjoy it, also everyone will be pissed so easy to talk to people.

That way if you decide against it at last minute you can just text and say your other thing overran and you can't make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)

and dobbs - no doubt about it, the CSA are coming to get you!
    EEEK!! It's not my child!!! You can't prove it!! I don't have any blood and my DNA is fake!! :p:

And on the topic of the thread - good choice...I bet you'll have fun anyway! Where is the party anyway? Anywhere near Newcastle? I'll join you if it is....bring the kid along

ReputationRep:
    pop in. Have a drink. Leave

End of.

ReputationRep:
    And don't get pissed.

Maybe we should stop giving her advice, and just wait until it's over, then ask her how it was.

By the way ~nat~, have you decided whether or not to go yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    EEEK!! It's not my child!!! You can't prove it!! I don't have any blood and my DNA is fake!! :p:

And on the topic of the thread - good choice...I bet you'll have fun anyway! Where is the party anyway? Anywhere near Newcastle? I'll join you if it is....bring the kid along
    lollolol :rofl: trust u dobbs :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lollolol :rofl: trust u dobbs :p: xoxo
    I'm bored out of my mind here! A house party tonight would go down well with me....whether I knew the people or not

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you just be shy and sit in the corner . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    Wouldn't you just be shy and sit in the corner . . .
    Erm...no? If you actually read my post I just said it's worse for shy guys...never said I'm shy! I think it comes back to the fact that some of my best male friends are shy and I feel sorry sometimes when they just sit around by themselves not having fun.

I'm not the most confident person around new people, but when I know people in any way at all then I'm fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    I've just thought of another thing!! (Yes, I'm back!).....you're female, which means that you'll get attention off pretty much all the single guys (and maybe some of the non-single guys :rolleyes: )....so whatever happens, you won't be stuck all alone because you're a girl and will get attention.

It's worse for shy guys, cos girls never approach guys since they like "guys with confidence" :rolleyes:

If you're incredibly attractive that's a bonus too and you'll have nothing to worry about
    Why did someone neg rep me for this post? :confused: At least could've left a reason (and even better...a name as to who did it! :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    By the way ~nat~, have you decided whether or not to go yet?
    Well.....

I went!

It was much better than i thought it was going to be, probably because i had agonised over it way too much! i left a bit early, but wasnt the only one so that was okay. I was a lot more confident with people i didnt know, although actually one or two people who were there i knew. All in all, it was fine (although so many people got rowdy, but i just avoided them!)

So a big thanks to TSR-ers for their help and advice!
    :party:

(and dobbs - my kid has your eyes and lips, and besides, ive got the one sample of your blood left in the world...i bought it off ebay!!!!)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.