Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any tips on popping zits or blackheads? How to prevent scars or stop them swelling after popping them. Just popped one on my nose and am almost half way to looking like rudolph...

ReputationRep:
    Nah just squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, so much fun, especially when it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Shudnt really pop them (although its tempting ). I get red marks after i pop them and they usually last weeks or even months.

Best thing you could do is let it naturally heal (time consumin though), spose its all part of been a teenager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faiz)
    anyone got any tips on popping zits or blackheads? How to prevent scars or stop them swelling after popping them. Just popped one on my nose and am almost half way to looking like rudolph...
    use toothpaste to dry it out, keep it on over night and pop it in the morning....... and wash it with cooled boiled water and salt to make sure no infection can occur - good luck xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    use toothpaste to dry it out, keep it on over night and pop it in the morning....... and wash it with cooled boiled water and salt to make sure no infection can occur - good luck xoxo
    Bloody hell!! Do you study this! Lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol.i think toothpaste irritates it and makes it even worse

ReputationRep:
    wow thats sick. I thought someone was taking the piss when they told me they popped their spots. but if youre into that kinda thing then Id say dont bother with all the stupid stuff just put antiseptic on it like germoline and leave it there for a few hours.

freaks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    That is exactly the same reaction as i had when i read it!! Like, who knows it in so much detail, she must have a lot of experience in such matters.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, toothpaste is a common reference, not sure about the salt water though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    nope i dont :p: haha just like ot have clear skin

(Original post by hate_xams)
    That is exactly the same reaction as i had when i read it!! Like, who knows it in so much detail, she must have a lot of experience in such matters.
    lol not a lot of life experiences my sister and aunts are both beauticians so it helps a lot xoxo oh and salt water is used as n antiseptic to keep out infection...... xoxo

ReputationRep:
    ya see a common additive in spot creams is also in toothpaste thats why it has the drying effect xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    nope i dont :p: haha just like ot have clear skin
    Woz only jokin!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have a scab than a big spot...scabs are easier to hide as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    Woz only jokin!
    you better have been :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    LOL, well this thread has made me laugh...

I think they are better left alone if you get spots, if they get really bad just go see ur doctor and they will sort u out.

ReputationRep:
    i use dettol (sp) soap to wash face... drink LOTS of water... and in dead heat of summer when I am wasting away at home - baby powder on face to stop face from going greasy

It seems to work - only getting one or two

ReputationRep:
    take aim, and fire.

MB

ReputationRep:
    When I go to the beautician they always steam my face before they do anything with my spots / black heads. The heat of the steam opens up the pores on the skin and makes it easier for spot-popping! Then after the painful process they use toner to 'close up' my pores if that makes sense.

But personally I'd either leave it to a professional or leave it altogether. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoVet)
    When I go to the beautician they always steam my face before they do anything with my spots / black heads. The heat of the steam opens up the pores on the skin and makes it easier for spot-popping! Then after the painful process they use toner to 'close up' my pores if that makes sense.
    That's good advice, but if you can't afford a pro, then:

Get someone else (like your mum or someone) to take out blackheads using fingernails, or in extreme cases, a pin. It's impossible to do it yourself, even with a mirror.

As far as spots go, don't pop them unless they are white, because that looks revolting. otherwise, you won't do any good and it will hurt like hell. Afterward, immediately wash out the red patch with cool water, than mix some dettol (or other disinfectant) with warm water and soak a piece of cotton roll in it. Dab that gently against the spot to stop it becoming sore and/or infected.

. . .

I really know too much, don't I.

ReputationRep:
    resisit temptation!!!!!!!!!! :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.