Turn on thread page Beta

I need the help of you clever people! watch

ReputationRep:
    With any business idea, you need a unique selling point. Tee-shirts sell because they have original ideas - bang on the door uses the same graphics in all its products; they're different, stand out, and sell because of the 'brand' design.

I'd suggest, if you have decent capital, hiring a cartoonist or so on, to make tee-shirt designs aimed at the niche market, and have a cartoonist who /can/ be original. If you wanted to be political, you could have a cartoonist that did Blair/Bush/The Queen/Chirac/etc, and did similar things on each tee-shirt that tied it together - made it a concept that people could buy similar tee-shirts, and so on.

The major point is that you need to sell en-masse rather than individually, have it as a company rather than just tee-shirts, because otherwise, what appeals to one consumer does not appeal to another, if you follow me. Problem is, many people have this, many people favour better/cheaper products that are already on the market. You need to create a brand to sell, and if you're asking advice on net forums, you don't have to know-how to do such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    1. What do you think of the idea?

2. What product/service would you purchase from a university pub / local / nightclub that we could also supply on line, as we still wish to target the same demographic?
    I appear to be different from other people.

I dont think you can go wrong with witty T-shirts...but Id love to buy a T-shirt with a political slogan on. It would have to be well worded/witty though.
    And linked to ideas (such as poverty) as opposed to parties (I would DEF not buy a T-shirt that said "Vote Lib Dem/Labour/Conservative" on!).

Have you considered letting people desgin their own T-shirts? It cuts out a lot of your work...

ReputationRep:
    Why do something political? Why not just a funky print with colour and style! They would sell much more because you would not only be targeting such a small audience with the political tops. Personally I would never wear something that expressed an opinion so openly but then again thats just me! I think you would fail to make profits if you did that as well

ReputationRep:
    Well, I for one think that a 'say no to terrorism' t-shirt would be a brilliant idea. In fact, if I was about to join Al Quaeda and, minutes before signing up and receiving my free beard, a student walked past me wearing a 'say no to terrorism' t-shirt, I think I'd be forced to see the error of my ways. Well done.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.