Turn on thread page Beta

Only 25% of physio graduates watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    had managed to obtain a post in 2005 (2004 grads)

http://www.csp.org.uk/workplace/worl...ork.cfm?id=986

ReputationRep:
    Worrying isn't it?! Really bad considering the huge demand for physio's in the NHS!! I've been reading quite a bit about this recently, depending on what you read the situation looks different, it's definitley worse in England than the rest of the UK, but on the whole it's a UK wide problem.

I suppose on the flip side 75% of the people surveyed did get jobs upon graduation, which is not too bad, but the government MUST do something to create more junior posts, otherwise a major shortage is going to take place in the near future! Especially when the situation for 2005 graduates looks even worse, only a third had jobs to go to when they graduate this summer!

It's quite frightening considering the fact that a large proportion of new graduates are mature students and may well have mortgages, families etc to support..... or as in my case loans to repay! I for one will be willing to move anywhere in the UK for a junior post, but sadly not everyone has that option.

I just hope they sort it out in the next couple of years or the situation looks pretty bleak for us!!!

ReputationRep:
    most of the problem is higher up. They have created lots of senior 1 posts but senior 2's are keen to take that step up either a) due to work load and not really an amazing financial incentive to so and b) they wnated to see how senior 1 posts will be banded under agenda for change. Because the senior 2's aren't moving up, the current juniors are not taking their place and therefore leaving places open to new graduates

also, because of the lack of jobs in England, english gradutes are looking at wales, ireland and scotland for jobs which is increasing the pressure on the welsh, scottish and irish students who want to be getting jobs in their own country

(Original post by SamJL)
    I suppose on the flip side 75% of the people surveyed did get jobs upon graduation, which is not too bad,
    No, only 25% got a job by the of the year they graudted - 75% were still looking

ReputationRep:
    Only 25% :eek: whoops, I miss-read that! That's worse than I thought then....

Oh well, try not to worry about it now, you'll only stress about it!! Fingers crossed they sort out the situation asap!

ReputationRep:
    And it's similar over here as well, like people keep on telling me there's a shortage of physios over here in Aus, yet it's sh*t hard to get into, and exp at that too! :eek:

D/w guys, with a bit of willpower, we can do this! Gotta believe in ourselves :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    And it's similar over here as well, like people keep on telling me there's a shortage of physios over here in Aus, yet it's sh*t hard to get into, and exp at that too! :eek:

D/w guys, with a bit of willpower, we can do this! Gotta believe in ourselves :cool:
    positive mental attitude lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    positive mental attitude lol
    It's the way you gotta be Or at least, try to... be

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2005

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.