Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a 5 in history instead of a 6.

Wierd thing is I got the result today (thats right, 6 days after results were initially posted). It had been pending until today.

My coordinator called IB and they said it had gone to a higher examiner.

Does that mean I should challenge it. I mean after all, its not supposed to take 6 days to mark it. Also, I was sure I'd get a 6, as the guys I studied with got 6, 6 and 7 and I was definitely on the same page as them...

ReputationRep:
    I guess that if it took them that long to mark it, there has been some dispute, but now the decision is fairly solid. You can apply for the paper to be marked again, but it will cost and you should be sure you will get a higher grade. It could be small things that narroly cost you the 7... just make sure that everything suggest that you should have received a 7, maybe discuss the issue with your teacher as well.
    Good luck with that .

ReputationRep:
    If the IBO said that your work was checked by a more senior examiner, then my guess is that they had reviewed your exams carefully, probably because you were really close to gaining the 6 you mention. If this is the case, then I doubt that your grade would be raised if you make an enquiry upon your results. You seem to think that you should appeal because your grade took 6 days to appear, but that's exactly the reason why I think that it would be really hard for your grade to get raised.

ReputationRep:
    I was sure of getting 7 in History HL. However the questions were ver yeasy (the ones that in my opinion should not appear at all) and hence the grade boundaries were pretty high. I think I got something between 15-18 from every essay I wrote but I still got 6. I think this may be the reason...you were close but not close enough..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.