Turn on thread page Beta

Too lazy to txt? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding myself becoming increasingly neglectful of my mobile phone. I probably receive about 10-15 texts a day and probably only reply to about 2/3! I tend to just ring the people who I actually need to talk too.

I can't believe I'm too lazy to txt!

Is anyone else the same? Do others (like me) much prefer to speak on the telephone rather than to txt?

ReputationRep:
    i prefer to text actually, i've never been good on the phone, something to do with not liking talking to people i can't see

ReputationRep:
    Yes I very rarely text, I much prefer the personal touch of phoning people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I'm finding myself becoming increasingly neglectful of my mobile phone. I probably receive about 10-15 texts a day and probably only reply to about 2/3! I tend to just ring the people who I actually need to talk too.

Is anyone else the same? Do others (like me) much prefer to speak on the telephone rather than to txt?
    I dont mind, either, but probz in favour of texting. Recently tho i havnt realy been bothered to reply to many. Thought it was just me.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer speaking on the phone really

Also, I hate when people use rly wrd abrvtins lyk dis n u cnt tel wat dey mean innit?

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my phone... just get on MSN and talk

ReputationRep:

i know the feeling! i usually curse when i get texts, i feel like people are checking up on me. Actually I don't get texted that much because I'm usually contactable through msn.When i get a text, i read it, then usually reply about 2 hour later, if i really have to! :rolleyes:

if they really want me they can phone my house or get me on msn!

ReputationRep:

yeh i know what you mean. i don't get 10-15 texts a day, though - probably because most people i know know that i probably won't reply... still, they don't often ring me either because the only place i can get reception at my house is hanging out of the window. i'm more of an email person, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, texting is one of the hardest forms of communication, for one you have to have precision-sharp fingers and work really quickly, adapt to your either predictive dictionary environment or go through manually slaving through all of the letters, only to find that "the message could not be delivered". The Internet is the way forward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    rly wrd abrvtins lyk dis n u cnt tel wat dey mean innit?
    really weird abbreviations like this and you can't tell what they mean in it... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    really weird abbreviations like this and you can't tell what they mean in it... ?
    really weird abbreiviations like this and you can't tell what they mean, isn't it? (synonyms for "innit" include: correct? yes? right?, as in a question of confirmiation).

*ahem* sorry im tired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    really weird abbreiviations like this and you can't tell what they mean, isn't it? (synonyms for "innit" include: correct? yes? right?, as in a question of confirmiation).

*ahem* sorry im tired
    Oops, yeah you're right.. Well I got most of it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hehehe ya sure did! But yeah, the innit thing is a popular phrase amongst chavs here in the Good Ole UK think it stems from a Comedian called Ali G.. :rolleyes: What HearTheThunder said was tres correct!

I agree that texting can be difficult, MSN is definitely much easier! Most of the time people just ask me stuff on there but I still get quite a few texts...it has started to take me longer to reply than it used to though, maybe the novlety of text has worn off?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I barely ever text... cept while in the library at school while hiding my phone in my purse or something :wink:

ReputationRep:
    i usually text. calling wastes my phone credit, and im not in the position to waste credit *broke*

ReputationRep:
    texting annoys me. i've had so many arguements caused by people not understanding texts it's unbelievable. the only texts i now send and receive are random little conversations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    i prefer to text actually, i've never been good on the phone, something to do with not liking talking to people i can't see
    :dito:, except nobody ever texts or phones me so I don't have to worry about it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    texting annoys me. i've had so many arguements caused by people not understanding texts it's unbelievable.
    Lol, I so know what you mean! It's so easy to misread/misinterpret what people write in a text message and for them to do the same with your texts! Or just as bad, when you send a text to person A which was meant to go to person B in which you talk about person A!!

ReputationRep:
    I actually dont like texts that much, probably because I cant do them very fast

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to text than to talk on the phone (exceptions of a few people), but I prefer MSN to txting, mainly because of webcams/ video conversations.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.