Turn on thread page Beta

The MAKEPOVERTYHISTORY campaign - What does it mean for you? watch

(Original post by mkenani)
    well, iam from Africa and this is what i have to say, i think that yes development starts from within, we have to make that effort too, but giving us money all the times does not help because it only goes to one place and a small fraction goes to what it was intended for.....
    so this is what i think....money should go out and help the ones that are dying of Hunger and Aid...TECHNIK or whatever he calls himself talks the way he does out of sheer ignorance...if he came and saw what i have seen and what others have seen he would see things in a different way...but hey i do not blame him.i just think that he is cold...really cold.oh yes and as for development money...let us work and build ourselves but help us where we cannot help ourselves.
    thank you FLUKEY for supporting us.
    your very much welcome

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou. I was beginning to think this forum was full of anti-MPH people and ignorant and rich imbeciles tbh. And also, only one person really did what this thread was intended for. Saying what it meant for you. Soemt about Bonos glasses. Pissing on my thread. :|

ReputationRep:
    well, iam from Africa and this is what i have to say, i think that yes development starts from within, we have to make that effort too, but giving us money all the times does not help because it only goes to one place and a small fraction goes to what it was intended for.....
    so this is what i think....money should go out and help the ones that are dying of Hunger and Aid...TECHNIK or whatever he calls himself talks the way he does out of sheer ignorance...if he came and saw what i have seen and what others have seen he would see things in a different way...but hey i do not blame him.i just think that he is cold...really cold.oh yes and as for development money...let us work and build ourselves but help us where we cannot help ourselves.
    I'm always amazed at how people value rhetorical support and actions that are counter-productive much more than they value nonactions that have more beneficial results than the actions.

ReputationRep:
    sorry for wanting to help my fellow brits ahead of you.

are you important? frankly no. so wise up and stop expecting me to give a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Africa should be ingnored, people would die but then at least it would evolve into a state of equilibrium.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion the only way to make poverty history is through free trade and good governance. It is likely this would not see results for many years but it would be more effective than the short-term alternative of aid, which has been unsuccessful for the last 30yrs.

Also, the thing that I fear most is that there could be many people who went to Live 8 who now carry the pride of "Yes, we did it!" when in reality nothing significant or long-term has been achieved. I fear Africa will now be forgotten for another 20yrs, just as it was last time.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.