Report 16 years ago
I think Edders is ok.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
im brandishing my debit card, looking for a domain name to register for my new website detailing my trip to the US. what should i register?

edmund and eddy are taken. what about edders? i want something i would be able to put on a business card in the future, perhaps edders sounds too colloquial?
what's your surname, you could see if that's been taken. or register edmundsurname.co.uk
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
edderstakesamerica.com
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Allotriophagy)
You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.
lol hmmmm. edders.com is taken actually, so it would have to be edders.org or .co.uk
i could have edmundhunt.com i spose, but ideally it should be like 6 characters max
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.
hmmm, and start a rival forum? lol maybe not
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US
heh not a bad idea... but ive just registered edders.org . i should have something up and running before i leave; its being registered at the moment. hopefully that shouldnt take too long?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when do you go?
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
when do you go?
jan6
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Remember to lie when it asks you for your personal details. Otherwise, people from the board will be able to find out where you live.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
jan6
Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.
its an american prep school (15-19 yos). so ill be one of the older 'kids' there, so it should be pretty good.

and by the way vienna, please keep off the smut
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Soulfish)
Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?
I'd recommend my hosters - www.1-2-3-reg.co.uk - dirt cheap, a co.uk or org.uk is about £6 for 2 years. dot coms are a bit pricier, £21 for 2 years but still thats like 3p a day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.55%
Confident (17)
9.66%
Indifferent (17)
9.66%
Unsure (40)
22.73%
Worried (94)
53.41%

Watched Threads