The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think Edders is ok.
edders
im brandishing my debit card, looking for a domain name to register for my new website detailing my trip to the US. what should i register?

edmund and eddy are taken. what about edders? i want something i would be able to put on a business card in the future, perhaps edders sounds too colloquial?

what's your surname, you could see if that's been taken. or register edmundsurname.co.uk
Reply 3
edderstakesamerica.com :biggrin:
You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.
uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.
Reply 6
Allotriophagy
You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.

lol hmmmm. edders.com is taken actually, so it would have to be edders.org or .co.uk
i could have edmundhunt.com i spose, but ideally it should be like 6 characters max
Reply 7
a_musical_guy
uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.

hmmm, and start a rival forum? lol maybe not
Reply 8
How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US
Reply 9
loftx
How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US

heh not a bad idea... but ive just registered edders.org . i should have something up and running before i leave; its being registered at the moment. hopefully that shouldnt take too long?
Reply 10
when do you go?
Reply 11
viviki
when do you go?

jan6
Remember to lie when it asks you for your personal details. Otherwise, people from the board will be able to find out where you live.
Reply 13
edders
jan6

Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.
Reply 14
viviki
Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.

its an american prep school (15-19 yos). so ill be one of the older 'kids' there, so it should be pretty good.

and by the way vienna, please keep off the smut :smile:
Reply 15
Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site :smile:

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?
Soulfish
Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site :smile:

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?

I'd recommend my hosters - www.1-2-3-reg.co.uk - dirt cheap, a co.uk or org.uk is about £6 for 2 years. dot coms are a bit pricier, £21 for 2 years but still thats like 3p a day.

Latest

Trending

Trending