Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think Edders is ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    im brandishing my debit card, looking for a domain name to register for my new website detailing my trip to the US. what should i register?

edmund and eddy are taken. what about edders? i want something i would be able to put on a business card in the future, perhaps edders sounds too colloquial?
    what's your surname, you could see if that's been taken. or register edmundsurname.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    edderstakesamerica.com

ReputationRep:
    You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.

ReputationRep:
    uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    You want something provocative, modern, eye-catching, something that sticks in the mind and won't let go. Don't be scared to go a little "new age".

I am pleased to announce that www.edmundification.com is available. You could perhaps write a little song to go along with the name.

a.
    lol hmmmm. edders.com is taken actually, so it would have to be edders.org or .co.uk
    i could have edmundhunt.com i spose, but ideally it should be like 6 characters max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    uk-learning.co.uk

Go on, you know you want too.
    hmmm, and start a rival forum? lol maybe not

ReputationRep:
    How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    How about edders.us - its short, easy to remember and related to er.. the US
    heh not a bad idea... but ive just registered edders.org . i should have something up and running before i leave; its being registered at the moment. hopefully that shouldnt take too long?

ReputationRep:
    when do you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    when do you go?
    jan6

ReputationRep:
    Remember to lie when it asks you for your personal details. Otherwise, people from the board will be able to find out where you live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    jan6
    Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Is to an American uni? Which one? My friend did a year at the university of Montana.
    its an american prep school (15-19 yos). so ill be one of the older 'kids' there, so it should be pretty good.

and by the way vienna, please keep off the smut

ReputationRep:
    Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soulfish)
    Domain registrations are done fairly quickly, but it will probably take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the DNS settings to propagate and you to be able to access the site

BTW edders do you have somewhere to host your site?
    I'd recommend my hosters - www.1-2-3-reg.co.uk - dirt cheap, a co.uk or org.uk is about £6 for 2 years. dot coms are a bit pricier, £21 for 2 years but still thats like 3p a day.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.