Turn on thread page Beta

Should I call a doctor out? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wagon)
    Well, I went to the doctor. He doesn't know what it is either. So he got another doctor to look at my poor face, and then called a dermatologist, and then got a nurse to take some swabs from it! And I have to go back tomorrow morning to see if it's getting better. In the meantime, I have some fancy new tablets to take in case it is a viral infection.

I think this means I wont be able to collect Harry Potter at midnight on Friday! :bawling:
    Aww! *hugs* I hate this sort of thing - not knowin wots wrong when ur ill, espec when the doc doesnt know either!! Well, at least u managed to get it checked again, and thank god sounds like they are actually paying attention to it! Really do hope it gets better these next few days X

...and THANK YOU! :p: :blush:

ReputationRep:
    if you feel the need

ReputationRep:
    Rah, I went to the doctor again today, who said that it's probably viral but that I should keep taking all the medicines, and hopefully it'll be much better within a week and gone within two weeks. It's getting a bit depressing because it's bad enough that people stare in horror when I go outside, so I'm getting a touch of cabin fever methinks.
    Seriously though, people are so rude! And mean! I was leaving the doctors today when some minging teenagers hanging around outside pointed at me and said 'what the **** is that?'. Then a couple of minutes later, a small girl walking with her mother stared at me in open-mouthed horror and said 'oh my god!', much to her mother's embarrassment. I mean, it's only a rash (sure, a fairly disfiguring one) and I'm still a little bit human underneath...
    I know I'm being over sensitive about it, but it's quite embarrassing when you're just trying to go home quietly. The people who pointedly look in the other direction are much more preferable.
    OK, so the point of this post was just to thank people for their advice. I should be better soon - I'm going back to the doctor next week just to check how its healing, but otherwise should be back in full glory in the not so distant future. Hurrah!

ReputationRep:
    Rah, I went to the doctor again today, who said that it's probably viral but that I should keep taking all the medicines, and hopefully it'll be much better within a week and gone within two weeks. It's getting a bit depressing because it's bad enough that people stare in horror when I go outside, so I'm getting a touch of cabin fever methinks.
    Seriously though, people are so rude! And mean! I was leaving the doctors today when some minging teenagers hanging around outside pointed at me and said 'what the **** is that?'. Then a couple of minutes later, a small girl walking with her mother stared at me in open-mouthed horror and said 'oh my god!', much to her mother's embarrassment. I mean, it's only a rash (sure, a fairly disfiguring one) and I'm still a little bit human underneath...
    I know I'm being over sensitive about it, but it's quite embarrassing when you're just trying to go home quietly. The people who pointedly look in the other direction are much more preferable.
    OK, so the point of this post was just to thank people for their advice. I should be better soon - I'm going back to the doctor next week just to check how its healing, but otherwise should be back in full glory in the not so distant future. Hurrah!
    no some people are just extremely ignorant when it comes to problems like these....they dont know how to react etc I know this myself over past occasions because of my psoriasis on my arms and in the winter its extremely noticeable and people stare or whatever.....it does affect you and your self-esteem luckily yours might go away.....but mine wont xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    no some people are just extremely ignorant when it comes to problems like these....they dont know how to react etc I know this myself over past occasions because of my psoriasis on my arms and in the winter its extremely noticeable and people stare or whatever.....it does affect you and your self-esteem luckily yours might go away.....but mine wont xoxo
    I know what you mean, I've had chronic eczema since I was born, and I used to get it on my face through my teens which isn't really great for self confidence. It wasn't just a case of people not knowing how to react though - people who stare or look in the other direction don't really bother me too much, because you can see that they're trying not to offend you. But pointing and swearing is really offensive! And this girl just looked at me and laughed, y'know... people suck!
    Hope your psoriasis gets better *hug* - skin problems are rubbish, aren't they.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I've had chronic eczema since I was born, and I used to get it on my face through my teens which isn't really great for self confidence. It wasn't just a case of people not knowing how to react though - people who stare or look in the other direction don't really bother me too much, because you can see that they're trying not to offend you. But pointing and swearing is really offensive! And this girl just looked at me and laughed, y'know... people suck!
    Hope your psoriasis gets better *hug* - skin problems are rubbish, aren't they.
    yeah they are a biatch but u gotta live with them unfortuntely :hugs: back xoxo
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When I had my urticaria really bad, I was on the bus home and it was really full. But no one wanted to sit next to me!

ReputationRep:
    makes you think about people who are permenantly disfigured due to terrible burns or growths or people who are just born with it......

ReputationRep:
    My friend had a very bad red birth mark all the way along her leg and when we were at school she had it lasered because people commented on it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.