Turn on thread page Beta

2 die in suicide bombing in israel - this is when terrorism gets stupid watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    No surprise then that the foreign policy of the west has come back to haunt her, the ripped up the middle east created israel and then started taking the piss out of the middle east no surprise that most of these grops are from the middle east then
    No suprise? I suspect you knew this was a lie all along, yet never pointed it out because it would go against your special interest. Never let facts get in the way of a bit of good propaganda, as they say! Nice attempt at spin though :rolleyes:

Still, I'd like you to explain what's so bad about (1) letting Arabs create their own nation states rather than live under Turkish empire, (2) giving Israelis independence and (3) laughing, that makes this form of terrorism acceptible to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    As I'm aware "the Minuteman Project" has not been declared a terrorist organisation, or even killed anyone.
    TerrorismThe unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Where does it say that a terrorist group has to kill anyone to inflict terror?

Additionally, terrorism is still taking place in various locations today but melbourne's post indicated that Islamic terrorism is the only evil to plague our word today. ETA is thought to be responsible for a bomb blast a few days ago (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4675835.stm), and they're not Islamic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    TerrorismThe unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
    Okay then, when did they try/threaten to violently coerce a government/society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Okay then, when did they try/threaten to violently coerce a government/society?
    Mexico officially recognises the groups' actions "as a sign of rising extremism". (http://www.alipac.us/article273.html).

Although I take your point, I think this is starting to go off-topic now..

ReputationRep:
    I have just come back from Netanya last week on Thursday morning (define irony eh?) to London Heathrow going to QM nr Aldgate East.

A lot of Israeli's are against kicking the settlers out. Their reason seems to be non-valid until bombs like the one that went off in Netanya happen. You will see the peaceful protests by the orange ribbons attached around their car.

The reason: 'Palestinians do not want just the Gaza Strip, they won't even be happy with Jerusalem as well; they want the whole bloody country! Until the existence of Israel is terminated there will always be problems'.
    This at first I didn't really agree with.

So - Sharon against the protests from Millions of Israeli's decides to kick out the settlers next month (mid -August) in the hope of peace.

I personally was all for this because it will show the rest of the world that Israel is rooting for peace.

With the anouncement of aid from the recent G8 summit, you would expect the palestinians to be a bit happier at the outcomes.

So what happens? they bomb Netanya killing innocent Israeli lives. Why Netanya? I don't really know, but it is a very Jewish town with very few tourists and absolutely no palestinians. Was this a place they could bomb knowing they would kill more jewish lives??

My Israeli friends who live in Netanya like it there because it is out of the way of trouble and they can lead normal lives without being fearful.

By the way, I am not jewish and nor am I Israeli.

ReputationRep:
    israel was founded by terrorists called the stern gang !!

ReputationRep:
    Terrorists can't found countries!

ReputationRep:
    The point is that the Palestine terrorists don't want the Izraels to leave cuz the occupation is the source of their power. If they can't play the role of the underprivileged and suffering they lose thier status as "fighters for freedom" and Palestine will become a normal country with legitimate government. The terrorists are losing the justification for their cimes thus they will lose thier power over the people of Palestine. Their lies will be exposed.

ReputationRep:
    The point is that the Palestine terrorists don't want the Izraels to leave cuz the occupation is the source of their power. If they can't play the role of the underprivileged and suffering they lose thier status as "fighters for freedom" and Palestine will become a normal country with legitimate government. The terrorists are losing the justification for their cimes thus they will lose thier power over the people of Palestine. Their lies will be exposed.
    incorrect

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.