The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I was like... 9 I think. Switched because they were less restrictive..

Not been embarrassed about my underwear, no lol
I was in class 5 at Primary school, that's when my mum started buying boxers.
The odd pair of pants would pop up now and again, but since about year 8, it's been all boxers.
2 days ago.
Reply 4
Baz W
Ok this one's for the lads. At what age did you stop wearing pants/briefs and start wearing boxers? And why did you make the switch?

Can you remember any times at school when you were embarrassed by your underwear? Perhaps changing for P.E.

I've moved this to the Clothes and Accessories forum, as it doesn't belong in General Discussion.
About the same time as I started high school. And I switched because basically, that's what mummy was buying me, but I stick with boxers now because they're very comfortable, not restrictive and are extremely cool. I should point out I'm talking about boxer-briefs, not baggy boxers.
Reply 6
I believe it twas the summer before i embarked on my secondary school studies
Reply 7
I started wearing boxers when I was 9, but didn't really adapt to them well. I kept on wearing them too high and they were uncomfortable. I went back to briefs which was fine at primary school but I felt embarrassed when I moved to secondary school.

I didn't want the other lads in my class to see me in my pants when I was changing for P.E. even though a few of them wore pants as well. But my mum wasn't too keen on buying me boxers again due to me not liking them when I was younger. I ended up wearing pants for 2 years at high school before switching permanently to boxers.

I think I was too young at age 9 to start wearing boxers and that's why I didn't like them. But nowadays boys seem to wearing boxers at even younger ages? I wonder if any other lads out there had similar experiences?
I don't honestly remember. It was definitely some time during secondary school. It was a very slow transition from all-briefs to all-boxers though; I think I still wore briefs occasionally in Year 11. :teehee:
Reply 9
.... only when i sleep
When briefs could no longer contain me.
Reply 11
I was about 10 i think. I tried boxers and they were more comfy. I never went back. Simple.
Reply 12
My little brother is 8 and got some Spongebob boxers the other day. He does however, manage to get them halfway up his stomach, and then complain about the irritating him, lol.
Reply 13
lool a sad story, when i was like 13 i had a sleep over at my cousins, i was the only one wearing pants and they who were all older than me just began laughing at me so thats where it started
I'm in uni and still wear briefs. way comfier!
Reply 15
I wear boxer briefs! Because briefs were too restrictive but boxers were too lose, and I had to adjust my man-package all the time- it always got into a uncomfortable position.
Reply 16
Has anyone since switched back to briefs?

I started wearing boxers when I was about 10, but still had to wear briefs for PE for a few years after that. I had to switch back to briefs earlier this year for army basic training (as we are not allowed to wear boxers) and was dreading it. After a few weeks I got used to wearing briefs again and now find them a lot more comfortable than boxers and will not be switching back.

We generally only switch to boxers in the first place due to peer pressure not out of comfort.
Reply 17
when my penis is too big to fit in briefs :awesome:

I actually changed it when someone told me that briefs could limit penis growth
Reply 18
I switched back to briefs when I was about 10 because I found boxers uncomfy. I regretted switching back when I got to high school, though.

I think peer pressure is the main factor in switching to boxers. The 8yr old who complains that his boxers are uncomfy will possibly keep wearing them regardless due to peer pressure.

Anyone been wearing briefs and not wanted to get changed in front of others because of their underwear? Tobie, at least you knew that the other lads doing army basic training would all be wearing briefs so I would imagine you wouldn't feel very self conscious about it. But you say you won't switch back to boxers. So what will your mates back home think if they find out you now wear briefs? (I'm assuming your mates wear boxers)
Reply 19
I can't remember switching to boxers but I started switching back to briefs about 5 years ago for playing football in.

I then started wearing them outside of football & now, wear them all the time as I couldn't care less what anyone thought. A good few of the other lads wear them for footie aswell- think it's less of an issue when you are in your 20's than your teens.

Once you buy decent brands & a proper size, they fit fine & my girlfriend is into them too!

People need to wear what they like once they're adults and not be pressured by others!

Latest