The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i switched back recently after my hydrocele repair, they are a lot comfier
Probably when I was 9 I remember seeing two of the "cooler" kids in my year wearing them and I asked my mum if I could swap and she bought 2 pairs to start off with then I realized it was so much more comfortable then briefs.
I'm pretty sure I've always worn boxers. I've never been embarrassed by my underwear.
From a tender age of 15 still wear the briefs occasionally
Probably secondary school , everyone would take the pee if you wear undies! :lol:

I recently ventured into the shops though and picked up a set of what I thought were boxers... turned out to be briefs :colonhash:

So I guess I wear those , just a bit restrictive on ye olde package!
Switched to boxers when I was 7, to boxer briefs when I was 15 and back to briefs when I was 19. Does anyone actually still wear loose boxers in this day and age?
Reply 26
Original post by Baz W
Ok this one's for the lads. At what age did you stop wearing pants/briefs and start wearing boxers? And why did you make the switch?

Can you remember any times at school when you were embarrassed by your underwear? Perhaps changing for P.E.

"Did you ever hang around a gymnasium ?"
Reply 27
Probably about 8? I was the first in my class to get them and one day we went swimming and when I got back to the changing room my boxers were missing and there was a boy in my class sat next to my stuff. I confronted him and he was actually wearing them :lolwut: ****ing weirdo. I told him he could keep them and he just said thanks :confused:
I've always worn briefs. Tried boxers and boxer-briefs but prefer y-fronts.
I've always wondered why boxers are called boxers...
Reply 30
Original post by Maid Marian
I've always wondered why boxers are called boxers...

Because they are similar to the type of shorts a boxer would wear. Elastic waistband and baggy legs for unrestricted movement
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Because they are similar to the type of shorts a boxer would wear. Elastic waistband and baggy legs for unrestricted movement

What's the point in wearing them then? They just sound uncomfortable to me. :erm:
Reply 32
What's the point in wearing them then? They just sound uncomfortable to me. :erm:

As a woman who sometimes wears mens boxers they are the most comfortable underwear item ever.
Reply 33

I don't wear boxers as such - I wear trunks which are far more 'secure'. If I wear boxers when playing sports my junk gets tossed around everywhere and it's really distracting. I also think that trunks are far more comfortable.
Reply 34
Original post by meenu89
As a woman who sometimes wears mens boxers they are the most comfortable underwear item ever.

I'm sure they are comfortable for a woman who doesn't have to worry about jake getting out of his cage.
Original post by meenu89

How do you wear tights? :confused:
Doubt this anyway, knickers are the most comfortable :yy:

I don't wear boxers as such - I wear trunks which are far more 'secure'. If I wear boxers when playing sports my junk gets tossed around everywhere and it's really distracting. I also think that trunks are far more comfortable.

Trunks? Like swimming trunks? Wut?

I'm sure they are comfortable for a woman who doesn't have to worry about jake getting out of his cage.

:eyebrow:
Reply 36
How do you wear tights? :confused:
Doubt this anyway, knickers are the most comfortable :yy:

:eyebrow:

I don't wear them all the time, just sometimes. Mainly when I am just lounging around at home.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Trunks? Like swimming trunks? Wut?

trunks

Spoiler

boxers

Spoiler

trunks

Spoiler

boxers

Spoiler

Oh right!

Spoiler

Reply 39
Oh right!

Spoiler

I wear the trunks type. They're not trunks really, simply boxer briefs which fit tight. Mine are black.

I switched when I was 19 from briefs which was very late to switch. Most guys switch several years younger.

Latest