Turn on thread page Beta

Sperm [how long does it survive out the body?] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richl)
    probably not. was it all just a terrible accident?
    yea, basically we had no condom so didnt have full penetrative sex. but still was scared incase she became pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairey87)
    Yes I doubt very very very much that she's pregnant so don't worry. Are you in a long-term relationship with her?
    no, shes just a very good friend, and was all due to alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Right ok, I was going to suggest that if you were in a relationship then maybe you could discuss an extra contraception i.e. the pill or the injection. I went on the injection a long time before we slept together and it just puts your mind at rest when these things happen. x x x

ReputationRep:
    whats the injection??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    yea, basically we had no condom so didnt have full penetrative sex. but still was scared incase she became pregnant.
    If you withdrew before ejaculation there is still a chance, due to sperm that come out before ejaculation, that's one reason why that method is pretty ineffective. Although the chance is small.

ReputationRep:
    No, she's not pregnant. They "die" very quickly in open air.

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone ignored the link that was posted? Read it. Don't listen to people who think they know the facts - click on the link. Sprem can live up to a week in a woman and mostly lasts only a few hours in the open air. And axe wound is an awful name. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    even if its ejaculated say onto someone else??????
    72 hours is the time you have during which you can take the morning after pill.

Outside it can't survive very long... I think it's a matter of hours.

ReputationRep:
    Surely she had a wash afterwards? It's not still there, is it?

And if anyone uses the term 'axe wound' again in this way, I will go feminist on their ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    72 hours is the time you have during which you can take the morning after pill.

Outside it can't survive very long... I think it's a matter of hours.
    The 72 hours for the morning after pill is not to do with sperm survival though, that's the time in which you can stop implantation of a fertilised egg.

ReputationRep:
    72 hourss is indeed the time you can use the morning fater pill but as fot the life expectancy of sperm unless fertilisation occurs sperm can only live for 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    The 72 hours for the morning after pill is not to do with sperm survival though, that's the time in which you can stop implantation of a fertilised egg.
    yep that's how I understand it too

ReputationRep:
    wicked, thanks a lot everyone.

ciao

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.