Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Blanc ( Blank for you oiks out there!) or Bacca?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Osbornes or Spy. Blanc has the best happy hour, always seem to get free. Bacca is full of pretentious p***s!

Spy likes it's sport so that's a plus, but Osbornes is best, as quite a few geordies go there, so atmosphere is better.

ReputationRep:
    Osbornes or Blanc, definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    Osbornes or Blanc, definitely
    I've just started to work in Osbornes, and it's clearly the best! So relaxed, and great happy hour chances!

*Hint* Click when its not next to 'free drink', as unless you have had a lot of practise you will get 'full price'!!!

ReputationRep:
    Osbornes is terrible. In general the people that go there are about 40 and are possibly the most stupid people i have ever encountered. That tied in with the fat geordie ****s that go there makes the place almost unbearable!

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, but I've never been out in Jesmond is it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hener)
    Osbornes is terrible. In general the people that go there are about 40 and are possibly the most stupid people i have ever encountered. That tied in with the fat geordie ****s that go there makes the place almost unbearable!
    Shut up man! have you actually been in there? All the lads are fit tight and sexy! And the lasses are really canny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaddeus)
    Shut up man! have you actually been in there? All the lads are fit tight and sexy! And the lasses are really canny!
    Unfortunately i have been there, the only good thing about the place is that it serves reasonable, cheap pizzas and the giant yorkshire puddings. I don't know what canny means but if it means something similar to genetically common looking i must agree!! They are hideous!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hener)
    Unfortunately i have been there, the only good thing about the place is that it serves reasonable, cheap pizzas and the giant yorkshire puddings. I don't know what canny means but if it means something similar to genetically common looking i must agree!! They are hideous!!!
    Canny means nice. Look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Canny means nice. Look it up.
    Looked it up in the collins english dictionary it is:- Shrewd, cautious and crafty. All the qualities i'm sure we all look for in girls!!! The definition is also backed up by the synonyms on microsoft word,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hener)
    Looked it up in the collins english dictionary it is:- Shrewd, cautious and crafty. All the qualities i'm sure we all look for in girls!!! The definition is also backed up by the synonyms on microsoft word,
    But in Newcastle it simply means nice, pleasant etc.

I went to Osbourne's on Sat, first time I've ever drank in Jesmond. It was OK. But I like town better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah1987)
    But in Newcastle it simply means nice, pleasant etc.

I went to Osbourne's on Sat, first time I've ever drank in Jesmond. It was OK. But I like town better!
    None of my friends when i was at newcastle were from the north east, so i have never heard it before!

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends when i was at newcastle were from the north east, so i have never heard it before!
    No wonder you had such a miserable time.

Canny usually means nice. It can also mean quite (as in a canny bit = quite a lot) and can also mean careful (gan canny = be careful (can also mean Take Care)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    No wonder you had such a miserable time.
    I had an excellent time, but that was only due to my lack of association with anyone that had a regional accent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hener)
    I had an excellent time, but that was only due to my lack of association with anyone that had a regional accent!

You areally are a prick!

ReputationRep:
    4% of the population don't have a regional accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    4% of the population don't have a regional accent.
    That makes sense as only 6% of the population go to independent schools. What was your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hener)
    That makes sense as only 6% of the population go to independent schools. What was your point?
    I'd love to see you out in Newcastle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    I'd love to see you out in Newcastle!

I wouldn't like to see an oik like you and that's why i don't like osbornes! Full of peasants!

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha! If you don't like it here, f**k off!!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.