The Zutons Watch

This discussion is closed.
gemby!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
anyone else love their album ?

had it for ages now, but seeing as i just joined never been able to share the news of my love :rolleyes:

fav track is dont ever think (too much)
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
'Tis a pretty good album. Not one I listen to all that often anymore but there's some great songs on there. My favourite's definitely Havana Gang Brawl.
The_Spod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, I have the album, it is one of those albums where I like most of the songs on it.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Zuton's are odd, their album is good, its not brilliant, there is a lot better, but its a good effort, there is nothing wrong with it, its just won't make it as a classic album.

However the Zutons live were amazing. They put so much effort into it, its unusual to see this in a lot of modern bands.
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
However the Zutons live were amazing. They put so much effort into it, its unusual to see this in a lot of modern bands.
I thought that. They were bouncy and perfectly in-tune throughout.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I love The Zutons' album. I got it as a birthday present ages ago, and each track is good. I love "Railroads", "Remember Me", "Havana Gang Brawl" etc, they're all good. Obviously there are better albums, but The Zutons' debut is certainly very good. Although having said that, I haven't listened to it in a while, I might start again.
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
The Zuton's are odd, their album is good, its not brilliant, there is a lot better, but its a good effort, there is nothing wrong with it, its just won't make it as a classic album.

they were amazing at oasis they were so happy to be in front of such a big crowd and really gave it everything plus they had some very good on stage banter which is always nice.
Dragonshorts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I saw them supporting Muse at Earls Court. I thought they were dead good, but me and my friend were like the only people standing up and it seemed like, knew the words...
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
I was there, singing along. I did notice that there were very few of us, though.
Lirael Abhorsen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
noo fruit -i also saw them supporting muse at earls court, did you go 19th dec like me? they were pretty cool, as was matt bellamy in his sexy red leather trench coat
Dragonshorts
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^ I went 20th Dec. I know quite a lot of random people that went, that I had no idea were going and then bumped into. I mean REALLY random people...
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Saw them supporting muse too...

the crowd at that gig were sh*te for the supports...
gemby!
Rep:
?
glad to see others enjoying their music - i take it muse were good too ? :p:
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
Of course. But the Zutons and Soulwax were a great way to start a great gig.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gemby!)
glad to see others enjoying their music - i take it muse were good too ? :p:
oh yeah, twas awesome...almost died in the mosh like...but Muse were top!
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Saw them supporting Oasis last week. Was actually quite glad that Babyshambles were sacked after all - they were really really good. Had their album a while ago but it seems to have lost itself (my belongings tend to do that a lot!), but it was rather good. May rebuy on the basis of last week
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And how come you got The Zutons as support for Muse and I got...Elbow?

*yawns*
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I saw the Zutons a very unknown bands called The Futureheads were supporting. I've seen Elbow they are ok, but I would much rather see the Zutons.
gemby!
Rep:
?
the zutons do kinda scare me live, infact the lyrics of their songs sometimes scare me :p:
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
When I saw the Zutons a very unknown bands called The Futureheads were supporting. I've seen Elbow they are ok, but I would much rather see the Zutons.
I had tickets to see them on that tour, but couldn't get to London for the gig...had tickets to see the Zutons on their last tour too...but couldn't get to Manchester for *that* gig!

Still never seen them headlining their own show yet.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise