Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain to me why at least two threads were deleted last night, notably those regarding moderation, without any just grounds?
    i find it worrying that one of you believes that removing postings that were the honest opinion and debate of the user base, actually improves your reputation and credibility.

were they removed solely because the topic wasnt to your taste?
    that the majority of people had ideas and grievances silenced because they may have criticised the people who are meant to be keeping the forum open,impartial and free?

can we expect this facist agenda to continue? perhaps our suggestions touched a nerve and are in fact more credible than perceived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    can someone explain to me why at least two threads were deleted last night, notably those regarding moderation, without any just grounds?
    i find it worrying that one of you believes that removing postings that were the honest opinion and debate of the user base, actually improves your reputation and credibility.

were they removed solely because the topic wasnt to your taste?
    that the majority of people had ideas and grievances silenced because they may have criticised the people who are meant to be keeping the forum open,impartial and free?

can we expect this facist agenda to continue? perhaps our suggestions touched a nerve and are in fact more credible than perceived.
    I, too, do not think the deletion of these threads is reasonable (since they don't sound like they were offensive, etc) I'll look into the matter for you.

Do you remember what they were called?

ReputationRep:
    Cant the administrator restore deleted threads. I know it is possible in some forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I, too, do not think the deletion of these threads is reasonable (since they don't sound like they were offensive, etc) I'll look into the matter for you.

Do you remember what they were called?
    - moderation
    - demote koloth?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think that the credibility of the ideas suggested were a little too 'extreme' for our current dinosaur moderators. Poor, senile Leekey, emerged briefly from his wheelchair to erase all possible ideas of future improvement and shout at 'young people'.

Oh, I pity poor, confused, old Koloth - once great but now residing in the mires of post-life - away from the scary ruminations of activity.

Perhaps the time for change is approaching at a rate our current rulers find disconcerting? We can not live in the past forever, as terrifying a notion as it may seem, perhaps it is a time to move forward?

ReputationRep:
    - moderation
    - demote koloth?
    I too thought the deletion of these threads was totally unreasonable and without just cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Perhaps the time for change is approaching at a rate our current rulers find disconcerting? We can not live in the past forever, as terrifying a notion as it may seem, perhaps it is a time to move forward?
    U been to see LOTR yet, Whitey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    U been to see LOTR yet, Whitey?
    Friday evening.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think that the credibility of the ideas suggested were a little too 'extreme' for our current dinosaur moderators. Poor, senile Leekey, emerged briefly from his wheelchair to erase all possible ideas of future improvement and shout at 'young people'.

Oh, I pity poor, confused, old Koloth - once great but now residing in the mires of post-life - away from the scary ruminations of activity.

someone deleted these threads based on the apparent fact that it questioned the overall capacity of the current moderators. for me that is a far worse crime, and one that would lead us to question their abilities. do we really want them to remain with such power?

ReputationRep:
    I have found the thread deleted by Expression. I think that in all fairness the thread DID degenerate into what was no more than "criticise the mods" which serves no purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    I too thought the deletion of these threads was totally unreasonable and without just cause.
    As do many people. Perhaps this deletion should be the herald of change? Perhaps the time has come for a new age to begin - an age of free expressions and beliefs, away from the current state of affairs - where people's opinions are not suppressed simply because they pose a threat to the superiority of the self-effacing moderators! The time for change is upon us, and how do the moderators react to this? By purposely deleting threads that speak of this change! They decieve and mislead us, all to serve their own purposes!

ReputationRep:
    I have found the thread deleted by Expression. I think that in all fairness the thread DID degenerate into what was no more than "criticise the mods" which serves no purpose.
    to you, no.
    i think i would be safe in saying 70% of the threads on this forum serve no purpose but you would meet the same reaction if you deleted them.

ReputationRep:
    to you, no.
    No, I'm talking on the whole about the majority of the forum. Would yuo like me to restore it for you?

ReputationRep:
    If his actions were truly justified, then why did he attempt to hide the deleted threads from the other moderators, as Ollie said?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm talking on the whole about the majority of the forum. Would yuo like me to restore it for you?
    yes please.

ReputationRep:
    If his actions were truly justified, then why did he attempt to hide the deleted threads from the other moderators, as Ollie said?
    Really? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Really? :confused:
    Yes, he did. That does not bode well for the illicit motives of Mr Expression - even hiding his actions from his fellow moderators!

ReputationRep:
    yes please.
    Eeeeek, I can see the thread but i can't see how to restore it!

ReputationRep:
    Eeeeek, I can see the thread but i can't see how to restore it!
    Only d can restore deleted threads.

ReputationRep:
    Only d can restore deleted threads.
    Oh ok.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.