Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Oh ok.
    Irregardless, those threads should not have been deleted in the first place. Was there any offensive language? No. Was there any sexual material? No. Were there any rascist remarks? No. Is there any justifiable reason for their deletion? No.

ReputationRep:
    My thread on "should the rep system change?" was also deleted, apparently accidentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    My thread on "should the rep system change?" was also deleted, apparently accidentally.
    'Accidentally'? Sure, that sounds feasbile. What do they take us for? How can you accidentally delete a thread? It's not exactly a case of "oops, my hand slipped", is it?

ReputationRep:
    There was another thread on should the rep system change which was made the other day. Has that also been deleted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    I too thought the deletion of these threads was totally unreasonable and without just cause.
    yeah, we weren't putting anyone down on those threads, we were having a resonable and educated debate; the mods want to squash all!!!! JOIN THE ALP!

anyway, it was unreasonable of whoever did it......*sighs at lowered post count*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    As do many people. Perhaps this deletion should be the herald of change? Perhaps the time has come for a new age to begin - an age of free expressions and beliefs, away from the current state of affairs - where people's opinions are not suppressed simply because they pose a threat to the superiority of the self-effacing moderators! The time for change is upon us, and how do the moderators react to this? By purposely deleting threads that speak of this change! They decieve and mislead us, all to serve their own purposes!
    Revolution! Let the rebels of UK Learning take over the world!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yeah, we weren't putting anyone down on those threads, we were having a resonable and educated debate; the mods want to squash all!!!! JOIN THE ALP!

anyway, it was unreasonable of whoever did it......*sighs at lowered post count*
    Well then, if the current atmosphere is undesirable, perhaps it is time for change?

ReputationRep:
    Well then, if the current atmosphere is undesirable, perhaps it is time for change?
    What are you suggesting?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that deleted threads get restored that often. The harry potter thread was once deleted accidently, and restored byd because there were soooooooooooo many complaints, andrequests for it to be brought back. (d must have gotten bombarded with those messages)

ReputationRep:
    What are you suggesting?
    *cuts tension with a knife*

ReputationRep:
    What are you suggesting?
    Whatever is feasible. Then, perhaps, if people are not happy with the current state of affairs, a change would be beneficial for everyone? What can I suggest? Perhaps a demotion? Or maybe a promotion?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever is feasible. Then, perhaps, if people are not happy with the current state of affairs, a change would be beneficial for everyone? What can I suggest? Perhaps a demotion? Or maybe a promotion?
    maybe they should just keep the current system ( i rather like the way it is) but demote the trigger happy.......or you could give overlords more rights, like bringing threads back or something and more power over rep...... that way the mods could delete it..and if the overlords dont agree (the overlords are very dedicated) bring them back

just a sugestion

ReputationRep:
    maybe they should just keep the current system ( i rather like the way it is) but demote the trigger happy.......or you could give overlords more rights, like bringing threads back or something and more power over rep...... that way the mods could delete it..and if the overlords dont agree (the overlords are very dedicated) bring them back

just a sugestion
    no. just make sure the mods in place are the best people to do the job. the current consensus at the moment is that some are not.
    arguments of a sentimental nature do not hold up in a place where users come and go on a weekly basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    no. just make sure the mods in place are the best people to do the job. the current consensus at the moment is that some are not.
    arguments of a sentimental nature do not hold up in a place where users come and go on a weekly basis.
    how is my suggestion sentimental? :confused: overlords have been there for awhile their post count shows it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Exactly. Much like the current 'circle of friends' who take up 5 of the moderator positions, but are rarely seen...

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Much like the current 'circle of friends' who take up 5 of the moderator positions, but are rarely seen...
    How often is d online? I don't think I've ever seen him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    How often is d online? I don't think I've ever seen him!
    He mostly leaves the mods to it, and rarely visits.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i agree to that......i think ollie adhsur ickle katy and sometimes edders is great.....its koloth rayheydenuk and expression i dont see very often....*thinks* but then i havent seen ickle katy for awhile either

ReputationRep:
    gosh i dont know, im away for 3 days and i come back to find the Way disbanded, and accusations of fascistic moderating! this place just doesnt get along without me lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i agree to that......i think ollie adhsur ickle katy and sometimes edders is great.....its koloth rayheydenuk and expression i dont see very often....*thinks* but then i havent seen ickle katy for awhile either
    I see them a bit, normally about 11pm onwards. Never seen ickle katy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.