Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    gosh i dont know, im away for 3 days and i come back to find the Way disbanded, and accusations of fascistic moderating! this place just doesnt get along without me lol :rolleyes:
    Hey edders. What can be said? Your presence is the only thing that ensures the smooth running of this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yeah, i agree to that......i think ollie adhsur ickle katy and sometimes edders is great.....its koloth rayheydenuk and expression i dont see very often....*thinks* but then i havent seen ickle katy for awhile either
    Ollie, edders and Adhsur are the only ones who pull their weight. The others don't seem to be bothered that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    how is my suggestion sentimental? :confused: overlords have been there for awhile their post count shows it
    its not. im saying that the moderators believe that forum age counts as opposed to whether they are doing their job efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    its not. im saying that the moderators believe that forum age counts as opposed to whether they are doing their job efficiently.
    perhaps d should start an official poll for each moderator on whether they should keep their job. i dont know if that would be fair though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    perhaps d should start an official poll for each moderator on whether they should keep their job. i dont know if that would be fair though :confused:
    Why don't you do it, edders? People respect you, and I'm sure that they wouldn't think it too self-effacing if you started a poll of that magnitude...

ReputationRep:
    no it wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    no it wouldn't
    Why not? A poll would serve to guage the opinions of people in general, and I don't see what would render it unfair.

ReputationRep:
    It does make it very confrontational maybe if you guys are that unhappy the best thing to do would be for you all to contact d and make him appreciate how fed up you are. Otherwise it will just create more ill feeling within the forum.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't sau there is anyone capable of doing a better job than the current mods (myself included). There is also some users that could potentially be very damaging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Why not? A poll would serve to guage the opinions of people in general, and I don't see what would render it unfair.
    yes its opinion, it wouldnt be backed up by actual actions (or inactions in ppl like koloths case) you would get people randomly voting etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I wouldn't sau there is anyone capable of doing a better job than the current mods (myself included). There is also some users that could potentially be very damaging.
    Damaging? I don't think that d would be irresponsible enough to appoint anyone particularly reckless as a moderator, yes?

ReputationRep:
    i agree. Plus, the vote of new members who have only posted twice in the suggested poll would count as much as those who have been around much longer, which is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    I see them a bit, normally about 11pm onwards. Never seen ickle katy.
    Richard was on yesterday night (or today morning).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Damaging? I don't think that d would be irresponsible enough to appoint anyone particularly reckless as a moderator, yes?
    Like you say - d isn't around much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    yes its opinion, it wouldnt be backed up by actual actions (or inactions in ppl like koloths case) you would get people randomly voting etc
    then again, isn't that what voting in the real world is like?? i guess u can't get much fairer than that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    I doubt that there would be very many people who would 'vote randomly'. A lot of people would vote for their friends, though, rather than whoever would be most efficient.

ReputationRep:
    Like you say - d isn't around much.
    Touche, I suppose.

d respects the opinions of the older members (myself, Xenon, a_musical_girl, etc.), whom he actually knows. He does have a tendency to completely ignore new members that he isn't familiar with.

ReputationRep:
    katy was on yesterday

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything about d. Is he a student like the rest of us or is he older?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    katy was on yesterday
    For how long? I doubt that it was longer than 10 minutes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.