Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    :confused: ok
    For a complete list of the characteristics and dates of each era according to the Classification System, follow this link:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t19202.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    For a complete list of the characteristics and dates of each era according to the Classification System, follow this link:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t19202.html
    save me

ReputationRep:
    Forum Era categories:

Pre-history: Ended around the time when d and Koloth first joined. No survivors still post on the forum. A time of mystery and very low post rates.

Old Era: Moderators are Helenbrownsell, Koloth and d. Overlord status required 200 posts. Forum is in it's infancy, there are very few regular posters. Anytime before 15/6.

Early Middle Era: Anytime between 20/6 and 25/7. Characterised by large 'General Forum chit-chat' threads being in abundance. Instating of Leekey, ickle_katy, Expression, rehaydenuk and Ollie as moderators. Overlord status required 750 - 1000 posts.

Late Middle Era: Anytime between 1/8 and 1/10. Characterised by extreme rise in general post rate and sharp rise in forum popularity. Voting Intentions and Harry Potter discussion threads started and grow to prodigious size. a_muscial_gal is instated as a moderator briefly before being demoted again.

Recent Era: Anytime between 2/10 and today. Frequent revolutions started, most succesful one results in Edders being appointed moderator. Later, Adhsur is also appointed. This era is characterised by huge amounts of spam posted and the historic banning of unregistered users, as well as the recent growth of forum alliances and the 'Party Culture'. Post rates / day rise to highs of around 100, very few old era posters remain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    So basically I've been here for 5 seconds in the grand scheme of things. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    So basically I've been here for 5 seconds in the grand scheme of things. Nice.
    Perhaps I should update it a bit. Possibly include 'Early Recent Era' and 'Late Recent Era'.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I should update it a bit. Possibly include 'Early Recent Era' and 'Late Recent Era'.
    Yes, please do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yes, please do!
    :confused: do what

ReputationRep:
    Do you read the quotes or the previous posts?

ReputationRep:
    Update his little era diagram

ReputationRep:
    Do you read the quotes or the previous posts?
    yea but there mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Update his little era diagram
    oh right

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please do!
    Revised Forum Era categories:

Pre-history: Ended around the time when d and Koloth first joined. No survivors still post on the forum. A time of mystery and very low post rates.

Old Era: Moderators are Helenbrownsell, Koloth and d. Overlord status required 200 posts. Forum is in it's infancy, there are very few regular posters. Anytime before 15/6.

Early Middle Era: Anytime between 20/6 and 25/7. Characterised by large 'General Forum chit-chat' threads being in abundance. Instating of Leekey, ickle_katy, Expression, rehaydenuk and Ollie as moderators. Overlord status required 750 - 1000 posts.

Late Middle Era: Anytime between 1/8 and 1/10. Characterised by extreme rise in general post rate and sharp rise in forum popularity. Voting Intentions and Harry Potter discussion threads started and grow to prodigious size. a_muscial_gal is instated as a moderator briefly before being demoted again.

Early Recent Era: Anytime between 2/10 and 12/11. Frequent revolutions started, most succesful one results in Edders being appointed moderator. Later, Adhsur is also appointed. This era is characterised by huge amounts of spam posted and the historic banning of unregistered users.

Late Recent Era: Anytime after 13/11. A characteristic of the era is the growth of forum alliances and the 'Party Culture'. Notable parties include The ALP, The Way and The GOT. The Way eventually disbands after the resignation of the its leader, and the other parties soon follow. Post rates / day rise to highs of around 100, very few old era posters remain. Amount of members and forum traffic reaches its highest ever number as the popularity of the site grows.

ReputationRep:
    Eric -i am nice 2 u. wheres my name on ur sig

ReputationRep:

Early Recent Era: Anytime between 2/10 and 12/11. Frequent revolutions started, most succesful one results in Edders being appointed moderator. Later, Adhsur is also appointed. This era is characterised by huge amounts of spam posted and the historic banning of unregistered users.

Late Recent Era: Anytime after 13/11. A characteristic of the era is the growth of forum alliances and the 'Party Culture'. Notable parties include The ALP, The Way and The GOT. The Way eventually disbands after the resignation of the its leader, and the other parties soon follow. Post rates / day rise to highs of around 100, very few old era posters remain. Amount of members and forum traffic reaches its highest ever number as the popularity of the site grows.

Lovely, now just start it off in a new thread for all to see. Since most are bored with the 'new mod' discussion and aren't viewing this page

ReputationRep:
    Awww, you are so kind! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    "resignation of the its leader, and the other parties soon follow" Dont you actually mean,

"the retreat of the way leader, with the other parties victories they decided the emergency was over and gabmeister was vanquished. So they were disbanded"

ReputationRep:
    Awww, you are so kind! Thank you.
    You're welcome. I hope that this classification system won't lead to ageism on the part of the newer members. I really don't want to be called 'Grandpa'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    Eric -i am nice 2 u. wheres my name on ur sig
    look closer

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. I hope that this classification system won't lead to ageism on the part of the newer members. I really don't want to be called 'Grandpa'.
    Or worse 'Pappy Whitey' *cringes*
    Not sure why but smurfs come to mind w/ that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    "resignation of the its leader, and the other parties soon follow" Dont you actually mean,

"the retreat of the way leader, with the other parties victories they decided the emergency was over and gabmeister was vanquished. So they were disbanded"
    Uhmm, the Girls On Top was dead after a few days We merely kept up a rivalry for show :P

ReputationRep:
    Or worse 'Pappy Whitey' *cringes*
    Not sure why but smurfs come to mind w/ that?
    Ok, I didn't need to know that lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.